Serious QC issues on the new Flipsky 6374 170KV

Typical Flipshite QC I nearly pulled the pin on these but opted for the 6380 instead. They may take a few batches to iron out the qc bugs. I do appreciate they are making inroads to fixing the old 74 design I have 2 I still have to fix.

1 Like

Not sure how this is fine.

None of the hall sensors works.

7 Likes

Its all an easy fix, but most people who buy these parts arent as skilled as us.

So far ive got 5 motors reported with simular QC issues on the newest batch, waiting to hear if theres more posted in a few forums.

They need 5V to work.

Did vesc tool not detect them? It looks like everything is covered in epoxy.

The red wire is just hard to see.

No it dosnt work, also theres no connectivity to the pcb so half of the wires arent even soldered on right as i pointed out on the pic.

Did you make sure to set the sensor voltage to 5V?

If yes, then thats absolute ass that they dont work.

Everything is set to what it needs to be set at, but it dosnt matter when theres no connection from the wire to the pcb on half of the wires.

White, yellow blue has connectivity, the rest has none.

1 Like

Well damn, that sucks.

I thought they were doing a good job with the motors but they face-planted a good bit before the finish line.

2 Likes

Flipsky wrote to me after seeing my post on fb, asking me to delete it.

The motors are apperently “Beta motors” And they all are, every batch will be different and have their differences. (All motors bought are beta motors)

Was never mentioned anywhere on their website.

1 Like

You shouldn’t delete it unless they do something about it. Even then, you should only promise to consider deleting it.

5 Likes

No reason to delete the truth, but they did themself i think.

Cant find my post.

4 Likes

This is why you shouldn’t use facebook.

1 Like

billede

Gotta give them, they do admit to them being wrong and its their mistake.

And a new motor, if they give me two im gonna say it.

Im gonna do it, no one can stop me.

Decent customer service.

6 Likes

Great
 more motors to fix :roll_eyes: #fuckflipsky

1 Like

I don’t think there is any point in hating on flipsky after managed expectations, they actually emailed me about the post too and I said they shouldn’t be selling the motors at the same price with no indication they’re beta motors.
For the most part, for the price they’re giving a good value to buyers, if you want actual customer support just don’t buy the products directly

2 Likes

such a short word with such a long meaning

Yeah cos sending people shit that doesn’t work is great value.

4 Likes

I’ve consistently had better quality from the no name aliexpress $50 6374s than people with these it’s certainly not ‘value for money’ but I’m not biased either way, can you say the same?

3 Likes

Indeed, stop endorsing shit vendors already.

4 Likes

Late for the reply but whatever
Yea I run C6372s on a couple of my own builds, but they’re only 45-50 amps max and the pulleys only come in Aluminum. I used to sell them in my shop and I battle hardened some of them, the quality is okay but the flipsky motors internally for sure have better features for electric skateboards. Plus the supply for the C6374s is pretty weird, the price is ± 15$ depending on the season.

@glyphiks right thats what I mean, once you have a working unit (Which reasonably the hate is blown far out of proportion, there are probably only mistakes on less than 1-3% of units
) its a good value. Their customer service isn’t good, you can pay for better support by buying through a vendor. Not saying buying directly is a good value i’m saying their products in general are good value

3 Likes