[Serious] How To Solder | Soldering Guide | The Complete Tutorial From A>Z

1 Like

big enough for 10AWG or my 6mm² cables.

1 Like

I was skeptical that it worked but it really does! If you look closely, near the tips there is like this white ring, it actually melts and makes an absolute water proof seal

Yep!

You need to check which ones you get. Some only go to 12awg and 24awg. The one I linked goes from 10awg to 26awg

1 Like

I have no heat gun. The only I know, is 100 km away.:sob:

Mine has 2.5% but it seems way more than that.
I always have huge puddles of flux remaining like here on the test bullet

2 Likes

If ever you buy one, this one is really the best. You can change heat temperature (6 different levels) and also 2 speeds for air flow.

2 Likes

Yes mine does not have huge puddles like yours. There is noticeable residue that needs to be cleaned with isopropyl alcohol.

1 Like

for that price, wow! But I will consider it later.

2 Likes

Yup, rubberbanded pliers with a 5.5 bullet shell gripped in it and put the 4.0 (all I use) in there. Looks like shit, works great.

4 Likes

has this not been mentioned?

*updated pic
aluminum connector holding jig
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074TPJ9SL/

6 Likes

ha this is what I did all today, practicing bullets and xt90s.

the table was too cold and kept sucking all my heat.

woah @Scepterr that is some next level shit.

3 Likes

idk if I like the fact that the aluminum sucks all the heat out of the bullet connectors. I’m just using a piece of scrap plywood that I drilled holes for bullets and carved out holes for xt connectors. if you want to be fancy do it at a 45° angle to have an easier time sticking wires into them.

1 Like

it’s pretty thin, never had issues
also the first pic I posted isn’t the best, I have the one from Amazon and it has this,

Thermal Insulating Layer: Black thermal insulating layer surrounded by the holes, which can effectively prevent heat propagation.

*updated first pic

2 Likes

I’ve been using these hemostatic forceps for the past few days… I am in love.

Cheers @Bindings_McGee and @Arzamenable :call_me_hand:

4 Likes

this is the stuff that im using for larger stuff:
ts100, 25.5V power supply (Mean Well LRS-100-24), C4 tip & D24.

1 lbs, 16 Gauge solder

flux

3 Likes

Can someone help me how to solder 12awg onto xt90 I can’t manage to do it however hard I try

2 Likes

Sure what’s your problem?

1 Like

More heat, much flux

2 Likes

I use solder with a flux core (I think) and I have a 50watt iron but whenever I actually try it the wire just doesn’t bond to the xt90 and I just have bits of wire with solder stuck onto them

1 Like

Both are tinned?
Get some solder on the tip and have a dump sponge on hand to clean it. Then get some solder on the tip again and let it heat up and if you hear cracking sounds, oress it in and let it cool then.

2 Likes