Sellers - Policy Update, READ THIS NOW!

I won’t again

2 Likes

I would like to see you try to call dibs on the last slice of a pizza I am closer to…:rofl:

6 Likes

Do it, I dare you :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Lol, yeah dibs is a bit ridiculous.
Every buyer should just PM the seller “I’ll buy your X for $Y. Whats your paypal” and be done with it

Now who was the asshole that called dibs on a $200 prototipo + enclosure? :wink:

7 Likes

I said reserve :wink:

5 Likes

Honest question:

Isn’t it up to the seller if he will reserve items pending payment?

Is this a forum rule or just a personal pet peeve?

3 Likes

I’d also like to point out it says no Friends and Family. Which really I absolutely agree with. But still happens all the time that people request ff . Sometimes because they want their dineros tres vamanos . Sucks. I don’t know you, you’re not a friend or family. It’s right there in the name. Yeesh

1 Like

Go read here…

To answer your question. Are you proposing that in addition to the “serious” tag we now institute a “No Dibs” tag? Most sellers do now want to have to support dibs and reserves, I know because I’ve asked. I really think making a tag or a rule regarding this is silly as most people understand that calling dibs does no one but the one person that’s maybe interested in the item any good and it literally screws everyone else up that is involved.

So in closing, can we just not?

2 Likes

It’s not a rule but we are trying to discourage it. Scenario: Person A posts a Unity for sale. Person B calls dibs. Persons C, D, E, and F see this and exit, thinking it’s gone. Person B tries to generate funds but it doesn’t happen and backs out. Prospective buyers, who might have been ready to drop coin right away, lose out.

8 Likes

I hate this, I wish everyone would just post in the thread what they are buying from the seller. Another thing I think benefits everyone, buyers can easily see what is sold and sellers don’t have to keep posting what items are sold already :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Until money has changed hands, then an item is not sold. I think it would surprise you how often a potential buyer says “I’ll take it” then 2 hours later says “never mind, I didn’t know that venom mach 1’s wouldn’t fit on my F250”.

Through much experience it has been proven time and time again, its much better for the seller to handle this stuff in a PM and mark items as sold.

7 Likes

ok, I see this is a touchy subject, I said no such thing.

I say let the free market roll. If a seller wants to take karamdibs from a bunch of flakes, let him. Seller can also ignore dibs as they see fit.

Just my .02

2 Likes

I’ve always thought of telling the seller I want it as a commitment to buying the item. Your right, I didn’t realize this wasn’t standard practice.

You hear that! No more Karamdibs

2 Likes

I did say you said it, I was asking a question. There was nothing touchy about it.

As far as I can tell no one is stifling the free market, in fact we are trying to enable it. I refer you back to @BillGordon’s earlier comment.

The absence of dibs and reserves means the entire process is more fare and free, IMHO. Feel free to discuss, I was genuinely looking for your feedback.

4 Likes

I get the rule and all but. Really surprised this forum is implementing a no dibs rule on for sale threads before making a rule about not commenting on for sale threads unless you’re interested in buying.
the shitposting and conversations that go on by people that have no interest in buying something is way more destructive than someone saying dibs.
Going through 40 comments of people arguing about a product or something unrelated to the thread is way more irritating to me.
This is the only enthusiast forum I’ve ever been on that hasn’t had such a rule.

2 Likes

You’re right, and we’re talking about a solution that addresses that, too.

Please show me the rule. I have not seen a rule, and specifically stated that we DID NOT WANT A RULE, but people keep talking about a rule.

Maybe I missed it and @BillGordon has decided that he will no longer be a member of the mod team but has taken over through force of arms? Is @longhairedboy a prisoner in your basement now @BillGordon? We have to rescue him guys, come on! TO ARMS!

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry, was talking more about the shit posting on sales threads, which is and has been a problem.

2 Likes

This guy seems to think it’s a rule

1 Like