Sellers - Policy Update, READ THIS NOW!

Was waiting for precisely the right moment :sunglasses:

2 Likes

My man :grin:

1 Like

This has got to stop. Either buy it or dont, but this ain’t elementary school, we do not call “dibs”.

4 Likes

So i’m not allowed to check first if it fits my needs without risking it being sold in the meantime? But rather say i buy it and cancel it afterwards.

No, you are not. Figure that out and then buy it. This reserving thing some of you guys are doing is just silly. Why should everyone else miss out because you still have research to do?

2 Likes

In that case the seller risks losing a sale.
Ofcourse it is his decision whether he wants to satisfy your request.

1 Like

If i reserve it, then the other person knows that there is still a chance. If i say i’ll buy it he may ignore the post all together, missing it even though its free again.

Then maybe put it on a sticky on the sell thread so everyone knows it if you haven’t already.

1 Like

Its really not difficult. When buying used or at a heavy discount, you are buying what is listed with no returns (typically). You should know if you want it before you attempt to reserve it. Asking someone to hold a sale because you are doing research is not OK.

Know what you want to buy, then buy it.

1 Like

In this case it was a compatibility thing that i solved via pm with @MarkOneBoards. I definitely knew i want them just not if they even fit. In the time i got an answer from him, @Halbj613 could’ve snacked them.

If i’m at a retailer and see only one item left i grab it and ask about it (if i need to know something) instead of letting sit there and just ask with the risk of it getting grabbed by someone else.

Yes i know we are not at a retail store, i get that its just an example.
And yes i will follow the rules, I don’t want to end like shartsis. Items are bought, i hope you get what i mean and now we can get on topic again.

1 Like

That’s my point. You called “dibs” or reserved them, so could he have?

I dont wanna argue about this. I am saying that practice is not good for the forum or its members. It causes people to walk away thinking the item is sold, when in fact it is not and there is good chance it won’t be because the person who reserved it decided they did not want it.

So the choice is act responsibly or we will have to enact more freaking rules to solve this issue.

1 Like

Isn’t it at the sellers discretion to honor reservations? If they don’t want to they don’t have to and the only one who loses is the one who hesitates first

5 Likes

In this exact case no. But if i “followed” the rules he would’ve been able to, even if i showed interest.

Thats why i usually only reserve with the info that i need to check something instead of calling dibs.
Chance is higher that the other person keeps an eye on it.
Calling dibs is a more permanent buying decision in my opinion.

Yes.

@mmaner maybe move this convo to derail or something to declutter this thread

I think this has been covered at this point.

I’ll move this in a bit, but I’m with Mike on this issue. We have too many people reserving and taking other buyers out of the game, and then backing out later. Have your research done and your money ready.

4 Likes

I disagree with the practice of reserving items but still believe it is the seller’s decision to honor them or not.

4 Likes

This has cost me a few times of stuff I wanted because I was making sure it was right for my application first.

It’s really a bad move for everyone, the seller and potential buyers. No one can make a move until the reserver gets their shit together and decides if they want it or not.

5 Likes

Some of the members are to kind-hearted. They don’t want to say “Money talk” they maybe think it’s just how it works in this forum. Maybe they don’t want på sound like a “douce”

I agree with @mmaner

2 Likes

There is such a thing as too many rules.
I don’t need a rule to protect me when all I have to do is say no.

1 Like

You are right, but what most of us think of as a standard practice, apparently others do not.

3 Likes

Well said.

3 Likes