Selkie: HAYA deck • Hummie hubs • Focboxes • 13S • OSRR • Proton +++

Serendipity

That is phase 2, because I want to try them for clearance

1 Like

Didn’t want to use the DieBMS on/off switch? Or just really wanted kick to start? Figured you would want to eliminate additional points if failure by going with the BMS switch. Thoughts?

1 Like

Awesome build. How did those tunnel risers work out. Were they cut out enough to fit the phase wires though? Would you recommend cutting a bit more out of the holes from the deck to fit the wires in or get a tunnel riser and take a bit out of that?

2 Likes

The anti-spark has the roll to start, no DieBieMS in there. Reconsidering if I want a device which drains power while in standby.

Thanks Lobs, I went custom as the UT risers are probably better on a trad longboard. This deck being integrated has a pocket for the truck baseplate and it’s own routing features so…

I did try and even trimmed one but backed off. Will definitely use for something else

2 Likes

For lobbies build we were thinking of just getting a dremmel on a real thin riser pad.
Thoughts?

1 Like

That could work or even better if you had access to a cheap cnc machine…I mean even teh cheapest of teh cheap can cut plastic. For looks

But if you want premo, nothing does it nicer than Riptides blocks

Alternatively 3D printing, a very valid option in 2019

1 Like

What do you mean by riptide blocks?

https://www.riptidesports.com/tunnel-risers/

@magharees have both cnc and 3d printer access.

ohh the tunnel risers. I may have access to cnc and 3d printer for school but im not 100%sure

Loads of design on thinigverse mate. Some of those have channels in dem.
An old derlin chopping board CNC’d or PETG print

lemme see…ah yeah this, free bash guard

3 Likes

Bought some thermal sticky pads some time ago, fitted 4 pads to each focbox

Thermal Conductivity (ASTM D22470) (W/m-k) :1.0

Slightly less thermally efficient then a semi-permanent adhesive like so, and very removable

https://uk.farnell.com/multicomp/mc002964/epoxy-adhesive-syringe-6ml-grey/dp/2917613
1.44W/m.K

There are other adheisives which are probably easier to get off with a W/m.K closer to these pads. I want to be able to get the focboxes off without too much hassle if needs be.

Choices

4 Likes

Fitted @rey8801’s Hammock adjustable Baseplates and feel I’ve solved the clearance problem too.

Again I’m missing the correct countersunk bolts to check for wheel bite. Height is 150mm or thereabouts iirc

8 Likes

Remember when you had a disagreement on the internet with Hummie about customs declaration on these hubs and it descended into an all out argument that was super embarrassing for both of you and should probably be forgotten?

Simpler, happier times :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

I remember!

But getting embarrassed, that’s the domain of British public schoolboys in between poetry and Latin classes.

Did you get some Hammocks yet?

They work with all kinds of wheels, I wouldn’t wonder if they fit on 2/3 of the thirty sets of wheels you bought for your shelf, interested in your ideas as always old sport.

4 Likes

I have not got any hammocks for esk8 but I own a few banana hammocks if you want a PM blast?

1 Like

How far are you from tide that board? I want to see it finished. It looks awesome

2 Likes

I have some building time coming up soon, it’s killing me to not be able to work on it when I want.

Let’s say a wk or 2

1 Like

I know the feeling I have 2 so close… I would need a day on one and 3 on the other…but it seems still so far from be finished😅

1 Like

Working on the phase wires, MR-60 should handle 13s4p of 30q

12 Likes