Selkie: HAYA deck • Hummie hubs • Focboxes • 13S • OSRR • Proton +++

That first ride, no matter how fast or how long…that’s why I love building!!

This has been a good one to read through. Congrats!

5 Likes

Dam ! it’s a pretty long indoor 1st ride mate ! :smiley:
I can’t make the alf of it I guess.
Yeah, Im in the same boat. Always doing my 1st tiny ride inside too ^^

Congrat’ @magharees :+1:

3 Likes

Thanks not there yet but it’s nice to roll :smile:

I’m falling out of love with the Proton, it’s too overbearing, maybe a mini DaveGA instead, or nothing

2 Likes

One of my favorite haya builds!!

2 Likes

Tell me about it :grin:

2 Likes

The rectification project to address the stupidly tall physics was going great

until the ESCs we’re swapped out for ZESC Warrior 6 at which point I blew both simultaneously by changing the button while they were connected. Probably going to throw back in the FOCboxes & be done

8 Likes

Woo I’ve missed this build. Reminds me of a simpler time…

3 Likes

Oh shiiiit, Nimblestiff vibes…

Hopefully the haya holds up to the brackets better than my mov-e did :grimacing:

1 Like

Oooo that was one I missed,a cursed ultraboard? I don’t know it may suffer the same fate, some HAYA’s have snapped.

Needs some 3-leaf clover & a rabbits foot to ward off the deck snapping curse

2 Likes

4 Likes

My Spirit animal Bill

2 Likes

Less room than a gnat’s chuff making cable management a 11 out of 10 on the difficulty scale.

The BMS wiring runs half the traces around the centre spar. An admission is that I did drill a hole through the spar but changed my mind & filled it with marine epoxy…yeah I wouldn’t do that on reflection & maybe I’ve weakened this deck, hopefully not.

Also managed to resurrect an original o/s DaveGA with a slightly modified src using info from the Roxie mod I changed the vesc data length & confirmed 6.0.2 is working.
Also superimposed watts over the speed digits but that is iffy looking & missing a label. Again wiring was a total whore & I managed to touch off a JST or 2 with the iron since I wanted led switches, well see for yourself.

2 Likes

Have to drill a hole for the DaveGA to run out the btm then back up through the rhs channel, also drill through the alum deck plate in order to mount the rear bolts of the same unit.

Not worried about water ingress since a) not going to use in the wet b) fairly safe part of the cover to drill - not over components c) will use rubber shitz where it’s needed.

whats your reason for 13S for hubmotors? :thinking:

Since they have no gearing ratio, top speed is going to be quite alot.
I run 10S on my hummies and still able to go pretty damn fast :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Free spin say 52kph? Efficiency? But the actual reason is I wanted to be different

4 Likes

I ran 13s on my hummies and it was great.

I’d be more worried about 13s with those og focbox

1 Like

Fair

Alrighty I finally finished this kind of-ish. It’s ready to ride

Puck puck Bruce remote to replace the OSRR remote which went home to the bot…daddy broke it :face_holding_back_tears:

2 Likes

2 Likes

Really liking sHFI 45deg with HFI gain turned down to 0.1, highly recommended. 30k FOC switching freq.

There is a Flipsky A/S in there - the better variant so I have push to start which is nice

1 Like