Seekerboard Direct Drive

@DavidF I have the Revel Kit and was looking at the Eovan as a possibility. Just wondering what you mean when you say the “make sure the DD drives have been fixed”
I’m a total noob and I need to read up on DD’s but that comment caught my eye.
Thanks
Paul

1 Like

Bad assembly/QC

Ok product, just need to be sure it is put together the right way.

Thanks

1 Like

Plus, I have found Eovan to be pretty flaky. Nice guy running the show, but they don’t follow through on their promises. More yellow flag than red flag, but food for thought.

2 Likes

I was looking for wheels and stumbled on them. I ordered some of their rubber wheels a few days ago. I like the rolling characteristics of the DD. I think it works well for carving on hills where you don’t need any power. Although I’ve never tried any other set up so I’m totally limited in my experience.
Their board looks similar to the FÄBOARD BLACK Carve Board. That’s another board I was looking at.

1 Like

If you already have a Revel, you have a solid DD in-hand. There’s a strong Revel group here in the forums:

I would not recommend FaBoard St this time, either.

3 Likes

Thank you Bill. I appreciate your input.

1 Like

I got super lucky as a buyer of the original eLofty DD drives, which have been quite good for me. But for some reason, the lower-end DD market is struggling to improve on those original drives.

They’ll figure it out eventually, but these growing pains are a great reason to sit on the sidelines for a bit and see how things shake out.

Lots of good info here:

Good point. I have a great time with the board I have. I was looking at the Eovan and the Fabio since they both have the double kingpin trucks and I wanted to try those for carving.
I think I’ll pursue the Trampa electric carveboard for now. That may be the ticket for me.

1 Like

Fabi just mentioned he’d shut down his biz in boards because he got screwed over by the China manufacturers … so no new FABOARDs will be made.

3 Likes

I hope the industry can survive this huge setback.

10 Likes

Yep what they say.
Take all drive screws apart, put some blue loctite, screw everything back, wait for 24h. All good.
Also don’t buy at eovan at full price, contact them via FB or Insta and politely ask for a reduction!

3 Likes

I know he’s full of blabla but I kind of like the guy.

3 Likes

Thanks for the info @DavidF

2 Likes

Keep watch for after spring festival from neo :wink:

11 Likes

Are you going to make cheap direct drives???

3 Likes

We have many new thing after spring festival. :grin:

17 Likes

A review!

2 Likes

It’s cool to see my board in working order. :wink:
My remote died yesterday.
Well, I may not be the luckiest man on earth. :joy:

When it’s working it’s great, though.

3 Likes

And u only tell us this now??? Look at my title i bought lofty drives thanks to you!!! :sob:

2 Likes