Secret Santa 2019 - Completed

Yeah :sob:

1 Like

This one taste quite good

3 Likes

Fuck… that’s harsh

5 Likes

Kinda…the gift my santee wants would cost me 215cdn to buy and then 371cdn to get it shipped to him…before I add any treats to the weight

5 Likes

That’s nuts. It’s not about putting huge dents in each other’s wallets.

13 Likes

Not really sure what to give my santee :joy: Prolly gonna buy some decks and throw in trucks wheels and pulleys… And also stock them but that shouldn’t be too hard…

5 Likes

To my Santa. I don’t remember what I put down. Don’t truly have a need for anything since a battery pack is all I need for another build.

Just going to throw this out there. For nostalgia sake. I would love to have my old college board to kick around again. Something about this deck

4 Likes

Exactly. The gift bracket is 100.
If you’re asking for stuff that’s twice as much or more don’t expect to get anything on your list. Lol

9 Likes

To be fair, we cant forget I pay using moose rupees
The specific item is 125usd but after conversion and shipping it (to me) comes to 215cdn

2 Likes

371cdn shipping serves the purpose of this discussion as well.

1 Like

Yeah but I think that’s just crappy postal services…
Its 145$ if I want to ship a box containing a single 45g candy
And I’m sadly serious

1 Like

That is absolutely insane lol how could you pay more in shipping than the item itself

Could you choose a later arrival date??

2 Likes

No I can only decide when I drop it off… and to say they are the cheaper option…canadapost is telling me 235cdn for the same 45g candy

At that point I think it’s best to order things locally and or gift cards.

5 Likes

Yeah I think that might be the route I’ll have to take if I can figure out what locally means when he/she is in a remote location…its not gonna contain anything personal and that pisses me off.

2 Likes

100% yes. If I were your Santee, it would kill me to know you splashed out this much over the line.

7 Likes

I just checked what it would cost to get something from Toronto to me (Germany)

It was 140-160cdn with a fedex box and 370cdn for a regular 1kg box. Crazy.

EDIT: seems to be the exact same.

4 Likes

At that point it’s time to ask someone in the states or eu/wherever they are to aid. You pay them the cost of the items and shipping to their address + ‘domestic’ or whatever low-cost equivalent, and it gets to them for much cheaper

Just like my secret santa did last year :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Absolutely prohibitive in my book.

1 Like

What do you mean? Spare me having to read ss2018 for the 4th time :rofl:

Also @xsynatic it’s not you or germany for that matter. But I guess it’s probably a km travelled kinda thing

1 Like