Secret Easter 2022 Poll

Just making a short little poll to see if there’s interest for a 4th secret Santa / Easter.

I think it would be good to add a fond again for those who haven’t received anything. Additionally i would like to have a “Rescuer” tier. This tier could be for those that don’t want to participate but are willing to offer some parts for potential unlucky ones. [Still sad this even happens]

Do you want to take part in another Secret Santa?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Build Tier (excluding shipping cost)
  • 1 tier 50$
  • 1 tier 100$
  • 2 tiers 50$; 100$
  • 3 tiers 50$ + 100$ + Rescuer

0 voters

Shipping
  • Everyone Worldwide
  • Segregation by America, Europe & International

0 voters

Matchmaking
  • Random by shipping area (America, Europe, International)
  • Matched by available parts

0 voters

Gifts
  • New
  • New & used

0 voters

If you have ideas or suggestions please let me know.

5 Likes

nice thread, im all for it. we need good deeds to start off 2022

for shipping, i don’t mind either, but i voted for segregation just so not everyone is forced to do intl shipping, intl shipping sucks as we all know that, and i don’t want someone needing to pay 100+ usd just to ship something across the world

6 Likes

Im all for a new edition. But at Christmas like it’s supposed to be. Otherwise I have no budget planned or allowed

2 Likes

are the build tier votes for what we personally would do or the available tiers for anyone to partake of?

1 Like

The tier with the most votes will be chosen. If a tier list has 2 tiers or more, you are free to take whichever you want.

It probably will be as always with 50 and 100 usd.

2 Likes

So you want to start it at the end of 2022?

1 Like

I really like the idea of holding this in the spring, it’s the perfect time for people to get their shit geared up for summer. New year, new parts, it’ll be awesome.

2 Likes

What esk8 parts even cost less than 50$ except small accessories? lol
Boardnamics be like: allow me to introduce myself

4 Likes

belts, tubes, bushings, bearings, bolts, almost anything 3D printed…

1 Like

Yes. Keep it like it was originally created. Let’s not jump into it like we did for Easter and end up having badly filtered who participated and didn’t gift

1 Like

While i like Secret Santa to actually take place around the winter soltice, this is a great point:

I assume the majority of builders are dreaming up new creations right now, not actively building vs spring when we have more forum activity, new members, and active builds going on

I was focused on family in December, not you beautiful strange people on the internet. I think spring is actually a much better time to hold this. Gives people time to re-up their savings from blowing it all in gifts during the holidays

2 Likes

Last year I went with a nice pair of Bluetooth headphones and a package of top quality Spanish food. (He didn’t have anything listed so I figured everyone likes music lol)

So It doesn’t have to be specifically esk8 stuff.

2 Likes

I’m in you with this lmao, i would also add an entry fee of 2-3€ just in case a package gets lost. Or someone doesn’t come through.

If everything goes smoothly, just donate the fee to @longhairedboy to keep the forum up and running!

But I feel like waiting untill the end of 2022 it’s way too long.

I could help organizing if people are needed to filter or contact.

2 Likes

I dig that idea a lot. Require a ~$5 entry fee to play. It’ll give people skin in the game and increase the follow-through %.

That $5 can go to the “rescue fund” or forum support or be refunded after submitting a package tracking number or the recipient confirms they received a package.

5 Likes

We kinda still need to figure out what to do with the 2 that didn’t get anything last time @Oddcomo and @DEEIF . I think in the 2021 SS there was no rescue funds.

5 Likes

Just charge everyone $100 to join in. Fuck it, go all out and take the entire spirit out of the event completely. If you need to be 100% certain you’re going to get something don’t take part. It’s just a bit of fun.

Why does everything get ruined with politics and the need for monetary guarantees?

2 Likes

That’s how Secret Santa works Brent. If you just want to give stuff away go join the “rescue” tier.

3 Likes

I’m in no need of getting something from last year’s event. But, it did feel bad to expect something and just realizing that it wasn’t going to come.

We are not here for monetary gain obviously, but guaranteeing the sender a secret gift even if it is cool socks or a t-shirt I feel it only does good.

4 Likes

YHPM

1 Like

My budget comes at summertime. Every year. I don’t mind organizing like I put in the SS thread. But if it’s this early, it’ll be the first time I can’t actually partake and that kinda saddens me