Secret Easter 2021 - Awaiting gifts

Thanks @Flasher for all the amazing gifts! I’m already eating my candy as I’m typing this :yum:

I can’t wait to get the new shiny pulleys on the cags! No longer need the sketchy PETG ones :grin:

7 Likes

Hope you like em. I couldn’t send battery building materials as… well… I’m not a battery builder :joy:

6 Likes

We’re back in action!

4 Likes

So a package arrived at my local post-office, but it’s open only from 10 to 16 while i’m working on the other side of the city from 9 to 18 :disappointed:
Unless my neighboor proposes to self sacrifice herself, i’ll have to wait for the weekend !

4 Likes

Oh boy, the anxiety :laughing:

3 Likes

Received my gift in the mail today from Switzerland!

Assuming that chocolate tastes similar to flipz, I’m happy! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

So yeah, I got 4x cheap Focer 2.0 – 2 bigger, 2 smaller. I’m going to be honest: I have not been keeping up with the Cheap Focer thread, so I have no idea what the difference is, or what these babies can do. What I do know is that my friend who isn’t paying me any money for his board is going to get these as his ESC :laughing:

Although it might be a tight fit

Edit: I can make it fit :slight_smile:

In the meantime they will make a great addition to my “ready to be used but haven’t gotten round to it” ESC collection :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m not quite sure what the included attitude sensor is… is it for detecting foot pressure, like on a one-wheel? If so, I think could make use of that on my stealth build… :thinking:

8 Likes

Lots of analog skate stuff since that’s what I tend to do during the winter months

Awesome gifts thanks to my (not so secret) Easter/Santa person.

The chocolates were awesome too :+1:

10 Likes

So my neighbood sacrificed herself XD i was not able to wait for the weekend

Tank you so much !mysterious friend from Latvia !!!
i can’t wait to taste and try all of this :slight_smile:
and i’m super curious about the trucks :
i never used anything else than unbranded RKP trucks i got for free with cheap completes, i’m not even sure how you’re supposed to mount those regular kinping,

But i certainly have a drope through deck to experiment with,
until i finalise my modular low profile esk8 system
(placeholder for the build thread whenever i’ll find the courage to create it)

Edit : they are supposed to be top mounted, aren’t they ? ^^"

9 Likes

Those are TKP trucks, one of the best for esk8 due to it’s hex profile. Awesome gift :star_struck:

7 Likes

surfrodz? they are nice always wanted a pair but im to poor to afford them

2 Likes

Says the man with the 1 grand 4wd nickel plated drivetrain :rofl:

8 Likes

after customs and etc it was whole lot more
also sadly those motors decided to tell me the wires were coated in enamel after i cut the bullet connectors off. grrrrrrrrrrr

also got 2 builds in the process now and on botht he drivetrain is around half the cost of the build

1 Like

just now I realized that you cut them off…Why not…unsolder them?

2 Likes

RIGHT lmao his board is way more than surfrodz

Most of them are

You’re further invalidating your “I’m poor” statement

Hell, you’re balling out more on esk8 than I am, granted I have actual bills and invest money, but still.

4 Likes

im 16 working during lockdown and have zero expenses to pay.

flipskys arent and thats all i know. dunno if that is a good thing or not

2 Likes

hate soldering. my fingers no longer feel the pain of being burnt i have killed them so much. to me if its silicone wire its easier to cut and resolder

all motors i have used so far havent had an enamel coating

yep i know but its slightly less soldering then doing both

So glad you have a quality LY deck to go along with your gift :smiley:

You should be able to drop through the trucks, and with that deck profile I think it should even clear the ground on sharp turns; my switchblade barely scrapes it, which is why I’m upgrading to 85mm wheels lol

2 Likes

To my secret santa (you know who you are) I was NOT expecting that, It was a really good surprise to open the box, I wanted to be surprised and you totally did it, made me feel better as I was having a bad day. Thank you alot, I owe you a drink and some Canadian snacks :grin:

3 Likes

You’re supposed to post pics of the gift :triumph::wink:

2 Likes