Sealing Holes in Enclosure

Has anyone got easy suggestions on how to seal hole in the enclosure from dirt getting in?

1 Like

grommet…

Meh, grommets would mean having to resolder the anti spark switch connectors again. Although this would be the best solution, I was hoping there might be a lazier option.

I was thinking of sticking a small sheet of rubber to the inside of the enclosure, cutting an X into it and poking the wires through. Do you think that would be a viable option?

1 Like

sugru.

10 Likes

:point_up_2:

images%20(23)

3 Likes

image https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Duct-tape.jpg

2 Likes

If you are in a rush consider my emergency method:
150205122723_nariz_meterse_dedos_624x351_thinkstock

3 Likes

images

I read holes and enclosure.
Paging @IndianGummy

9 Likes

man hot glue, silicone, epoxy sugru just think a bit :joy::joy::joy:

Thanks, just brought sugru.

Maybe you could slice the grommet open and wrap it around your wire, then push it in to the hole.

4 Likes

That’s ice cold, Taz.

3 Likes

I don’t know how to deal with these regular @Jumpman posts. You’re basically frantic at the moment :joy:

2 Likes
2 Likes

Jb weld? Worked well for my xt90 holder.

2 Likes

Paper and spit is my go to fix. I never run out of glue or paper either. If I’m worried it might be failing, i just pick up some litter and do my thing.

1 Like

Why do I feel like I am strapped to an inclined table with some laughing psychopath in front of me?

2 Likes

Sorry I probably hadn’t explained myself properly in my original post.

I have another build which is a kicktail Arbor deck, 83mm wheels, single vesc & 6374 motor. I only have one battery and cannot afford to shell out for another one anytime soon, so I was looking for an easy/non-permeant solution to transfer the battery/electronics between decks as and when needed.

Believe it or not but I had already thought about using hot glue, sugru, JB weld and grommets. But having never used most of these material before, I was hoping for some advice on which would be best, or if there was another non-permanent solution that I had not thought about.

Thanks for all the helpful suggestions that were genuine, and for not making a noob feel mentally inferior for asking a simple question.

2 Likes