Sealing Holes in Enclosure

You could buy another set of bullet connectors / whatever connectors you need for detaching everything from within the enclosure; then you can use whichever permanent hole sealing option you desire.

2 Likes

cable glands will require you to resolder, but every other solution looks like trash in comparison. Plus cable glands are waterproof and they last forever.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve always 3D printed adapters for holes like this, and glued them in with hot glue. Measure real quick, draw some circles and lines for a 2 part adapter, 30 minutes later perfect fit.

2 Likes

Holes now sealed with sugru. Having never used it before I was really impressed with how easy it is to use. Thanks for everyoneā€™s advice.

9 Likes

silicon caulk works great. hot glue works too

4 Likes

Do you have a picture of that adapter? Iā€™ve been trying to figure out to create something similar for my build. No access to a 3d-printer though

@Monkey did this end up being sufficient? Is it hard to remove if you have to change parts?

Yes it worked really well. Easy to use and seals nicely. I havenā€™t changed parts so couldnā€™t say how easy it is to remove, but Iā€™m guess it shouldnā€™t be difficult.

2 Likes

Thanks @Monkey looks like Iā€™ll be using this too :call_me_hand:t3:

1 Like