*SCAM ALERT* neoBOX open source Focbox variant (HW 4 and HW6 Design)

You could the 13S version of the D140

https://www.litechpower.com/product-detail/HCX-D140LI13S15A.html

@3DServisas made a dual Original focbox heatsink, these should fit then

Curious, what specifically is giving these v4 a 12S 80a limit? Thats above the focboxes, and curious what the component differences is that handles 12S voltage and ERPM spikes better than other 4.1

3 Likes

I know @Kug3lis overclocked his focboxes to run them at something like 130a each. You need amazing cooling primarily

but thats not what was frying DRVs and such on most 4.1 hardware vescs on 12S right? Was it all related to 60k ERPM limit?

Many things involved. Power layout, voltage rating of drv, reverse spike abuse, no AS, take a pick. only way erpm was an issue was if you went north of 200kv on motors. practically if enough cooling, you could push alot more current. Im very unsure how that even remotly relates to clk freq tho

4 Likes

We make to higher standards than original focbox. And have larger heatsink for case to help cool faster.

3 Likes

Would you be interested in running extreme load testing on a handful of units to see the theoretical maximum sustainable current for X amount of time?

Like is talked about here:

I don’t know of anyone running 60V (14S) on a focbox

2 Likes

Iirc the speedboard guy said he had run 14S on a focbox and all was well other than brake cutouts at/near full battery.

3 Likes

Thats pretty significant of a problem, I wouldn’t even recommend 13s.

4 Likes

Agreed :joy:

1 Like

Whatcha mean? Playing Russian roulette with the thumb wheel doesnt sound fun and exciting to you?

I wouldn’t ever try 14S but I am strongly considering 13S for science…

1 Like

I have a homemade ebike thing that I really want to push 14s to. I also happen to be a beta tester… hmmmmm… for science?

14S will not working. I think 12S is safest for running on this.

5 Likes

I could have sworn someone was running 13s consistently for a long time, maybe it was @Scepterr ? I don’t remember, might have been someone that left the forum

…Maybe his username started with a D ? It slips my mind … deckoz?

1 Like

It was deckoz

6 Likes

Ah right. That’s it, I think maybe LHB tried for a bit too, but yeah idk I have had a brake cutout at 100% charge on my 12s and it’s scary af if you don’t remember to be easy on the brakes at full charge
(Focbox 1.6 I believe)

It can run 13S, but for safety is better to run 12S. At 13S is too close to some voltage limits.

12 Likes

What’re the voltage limits? I have no experience here, I was recalling voltage spikes hitting above 60V being an issue. Is that still the limiter?

Yes 60V±3 is upper limit. It need some space for spike in voltage also so better for run at 12S.

1 Like

Even the v6? What about on your hubs?