*SCAM ALERT* neoBOX open source Focbox variant (HW 4 and HW6 Design)

@rey8801 has to do it. He is the only one of us that is mature enough.

4 Likes

What are you implying :rofl:

1 Like

So what do we want the poll to address?

• Wires only
  • Connectors

0 voters

1 Like

Connectors or nah,
3.5mm? 5.5mm?

Wire gauges, 10 or 12 AWG? Aaaand uh, form factor…size?

We can enlarge on this poll depending on results to define what is the general consensus

1 Like

Connectors are dirt cheap, Why not have wires only but add connectors to package for DIY soldering? Can even add 4mm and 5.5mm to please everyone …

7 Likes

Thats a nightmare of options so I gave up after 15 lines. You do it knob jockey. :grin:

1 Like

For simple we just include wire only.

17 Likes

7 out of 33 is not conclusive

Wait you never know

Roll credits!

2 Likes

This is all your fault.

But not yet…

1 Like

ahahahah you make me blush :relaxed:

1 Like

That it is. How about we keep it simple and not drive Jeff insane with 37 different requests and suggestions? Worse than bridemaids choosing dresses, you lot.

7 Likes

More ideas means to be driven even more insane!:crazy_face:

1 Like

@magharees might have a few broken ones XD

1 Like

Been reading this whole venture, and i have to say that I am very hopeful for this product.

I will surely want to test these out or order one, if they turn out reliable and good quality i think there is a high chance for these to end up in our full builds.

8 Likes

Jupp.
12Awg Phase wires
XT90
No phase connectors installed.

And please use the correct comm Layout unlike flipsky.

2 Likes

I’m gonna say it because it’ll come up eventually.

• will schematic, layout, bom be released open source? (I believe schematic is required) Releasing would invite cheap badly built versions from other vendors (flipsky, etc).
  • lawsuit from Enertion? Looks like there’s another batch being cooked up by Enertion?
  • possible issues with open source licensing with vesc project?

Would cloning the ESCape make more sense, with stewii having left the scene? Too expensive?

If modifications are being made, it should help with the lawsuit issues. I think the 3 shunts is the biggest one? Would be nice to borrow some thermal design ideas from Unity. Maybe 2 UART ports (although accessories are starting to shift to can bus)

I think I would love pcb mounted XT60 for battery. I always always have a hard time routing those wires cleanly. Maybe mounted XT60 with solder pads for people who need wires?

9 Likes