*SCAM ALERT* neoBOX open source Focbox variant (HW 4 and HW6 Design)

Hey @jeffwuneo how’s the progress coming along? Any surface population happen yet?

4 Likes

This weekend should finishing. I need checking schedule for our SMT line. We wait for space to put these.

17 Likes

We think can sending pcb next week. Our SMT line busy now for 24/7 but we book for time. Once is ready I say you.

11 Likes

Woohoo! Thanks for the updates Jeff :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m slightly confused about what is available at what time…can someone confirm or clarify?

V4 NEOBoxes are for sale ($80)
V6 NEOBoxes are in production ($120)
Dual V6 NEOBoxes are is testing ($200)
Dual 20s is in design ($200)

3 Likes

These both for production now and ship next week.

Our other ESC not yet and need some more time.

15 Likes

What size motor is the V4 NEOBox ‘designed for’? I was thinking of getting a pair for some 6355 motors

It can work for this.

For test data I make form for fill out if having issue. I want keep open for everyone seeing. We thinking for use Github and can making report for bug here to keeping track.

Is important for share many detail and we make this for you to sending.

5 Likes

If I understand correctly the V4 is effectively 4.12(ish) hardware. Likely better engineered than your typical off the shelf offerings - therefore its good enough to run really anything you want it just depends on what you expect out of it.

I would hazard a guess if its a 1:1 reverse engineered FB it should be good for 12s and 40~ amps. I didnt have an OG FB and therefore cant really say much else than the typical 4.12 specs.

TLDR: “most every” speed controller can run any motor. How well, and to what extent? … it depends.

4 Likes

I run my OG focboxes at 50a each, not well heatsunk 12s, 190kv 6374 motors and never have a problem, sometimes my erpm goes all the way to 62k and no problems

1 Like

My suggestion is to test with high power motors like 80100 then u will discover oscillating issues and etc with pcb design. Had similar issues worked perfectly fine with 63xx motors.

3 Likes

Do u have the finalized drawing? Are these gonna be in an aluminum case? Let us see this final production part please sir.

Which you need draw for

Both would be great I don’t believe u have a pic of the final product on the thread anywhere. Im just reading that you have the v6 in production and would be ready next week so I was definitely assuming there should be a pic of what is going to be produced.

We already show PCB. Is just wait for our SMT line to assemble.

1 Like

Seen the PCB but u said the product is in production and would b read next week. Exactly what will be ready next week then that’s a little confusing. If in production you already know what your making so how come you can’t show us what u decided to cum up with and what we will be receiving.

Let’s all stay patient. This is happening at light speed compared to most product cycles, and Jeff has proven that he will post photos when there’s something to share.

19 Likes

We show render already for finished part. But nothing for show now because all part and pcb is wait for our smt.

We already program STM chip and once finish SMT we share photo. Not to worry.

8 Likes

Definitely get ur point but if your producing something you absolutely know what the final product will look like.