*SCAM ALERT* neoBOX open source Focbox variant (HW 4 and HW6 Design)

Ah, my mistake

1 Like

any idea when these are ready to buy?

We no say vesc anywhere. Is call neoBOX. Just source code as original.

2 Likes

Holy shit Jeff just silenced Frank… Is there anything he can’t do? Good flipping show!

9 Likes

I’m buying 10 neoBoxes

10 Likes

Buy me one while your at it. Thanks

4 Likes

I agree with that.

1 Like

Jeff in his factory like

14 Likes

does this mean you will stop posting at all to help limit the spam?

Im so surprised you have made 10 posts without threatening anyone with legal action way to go frank!! I do hope you stop the spam now and leave Jeff to work on a real OpenSource project

6 Likes

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Welcome to Derail Jail

This is the test I need! I add the ttl to that list and my Flipsky can’t handle it. Can’t wait to see how you do!

1 Like

Would you like to see FOC or BLDC?

At this point no one answer had toppled the other so I guess I’ll do both :man_shrugging:t2::joy:

If you’d like I’ll send you the results specifically though, so you don’t miss it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I want to see if all the pieces can work simultaneously or if they compete for signal and power. The Flipsky can’t handle that many hooked into it and causes the data to be off or worse the devices reset

1 Like

I’d love a checklist of parameters and test conditions so as a group we can hit everything needed as much as possible, maybe a Google sheet to compile all the results, maybe a private thread, slack, WhatsApp, for testing requests and feedback… I’ll be hitting everything I can and logging all the data, but just so we arent all firing in different directions, maybe a more focused group effort across as many variables as possible would be ideal. To take it a step further, maybe even a community made product/wiki/standard for testing of all new vescs. A good starting point would be compiling a list of common causes of failures… I know we have at least a couple community polls on this.

Obviously, just lots of riding is great… but I’ve got 2 focboxes that ran great across a number of setups for years that one small change popped them, so I’m not completely confident that just hundreds of thousands of miles on one or a few configuration/set of settings can effectively elucidate potential weaknesses.

6 Likes

Good idea! I’m in for a private thread or groupchat for testing these. Maybe after testing, a guideline protocol for these things can be proposed by looking at what worked and didnt in the analysis process.

2 Likes

There are handful of road speedsters and off-road monsters that need all the power.

13 Likes

How’s the timeline looking for completion of the 6.x version?

2 Likes

That’s is an amazing idea! Creating a standard for testing ESCs and an organized crowd sourcing of the testing would make for a market full of much more reliable ESCs and allow builders to easily figure out which ones are worth purchasing and which ones they should stay clear of. All using real data rather than first hand experiences of unknown failures.

5 Likes

sounds similar to what we did with the unity but more organized. Some people were riding and testing that way, i was doing dumb shit like running detection on shorted motors and riding with the board completely underwater in the rain.

15 Likes

by the way i forgot to mention that BOTH of my test units, beta 1 and beta 2, are still to this day working flawlessly. Beta 1 is in the rabbit junk build i posted and the beta 2 is in my thorium x4 alongside a production unit.

Pray the neoBOX has similar robustness and performance characteristics. It has some pretty big shoes to fill, between unity and focbox, but i feel like if anyone can put a giant foot down its @jeffwuneo

27 Likes