*SCAM ALERT* neoBOX open source Focbox variant (HW 4 and HW6 Design)

If can give email can talking to him.

1 Like

I would be happy to pay 79 dollars if I know 10 dollars goes to a good cause

7 Likes

god thats beautiful. So this machine just making holes on pcb? or also adding the electronics like transistors, mosfets etc etc

1 Like

Is for add part to pcb.

7 Likes

Wouldn’t it make more sense that if the neoBox is as good as we all want it to be and a portion of the costs goes to Vedder that Jeff is allowed to use the VESC name? Or would that cause issues with Trampa?

1 Like

I think its a great idea to donate a tenner to Ben for every purchase. Would happily pay for that :ok_hand:

4 Likes

What keeps everyone who already owns a VESC derivative to do the same? :wink: It makes no sense to first give it to Jeff so he can give it to BV, just do it by yourself: https://vesc-project.com/donations

35 Likes

great suggestion!

1 Like

Full agree! Donation includes something is voluntary.

4 Likes

We not charge $10. If want you can donate $10 when buy our neoBOX. We make link to donation page.

43 Likes

I think that anyone creating and distributing derivatives of the VESC should donate even just a small donation from each sale. Even a dollar per sale shows respect and appreciation for the work that made it all possible.

9 Likes

If we make big profit then is ok. But we sell to covering cost. Friend say Benjamin is pay by trampa and stop people use name vesc with lawyer. This bad for community.

We spend money and time to making this but we no make money from doing. We make improvement also which we sharing but we no ask for donation. If want donate can do but for moment we not doing.

33 Likes

You’re totally right for sellers that make profit, as far as i know Jeff does this almost at cost with no or little profit. As you stated previously, there are companys that gain profit that should be doing that. If Jeff does what he stated to do hes more in line with BVs Open Source attitude like anybody else and might even help with the new input to improve the hardware.

9 Likes

I don’t know enough about it to firmly hold my ground here, but in my eyes it should work the same as say the music industry where anybody who plays the song in a commercial environment pays royalties to the artist.

1 Like

ho thanks ! I’m back now, thanks for taking care of us :pray:

Edit : thanks @Chricious for the recap :wink:

Just think that maybe, without Ben, we will still riding RC car ESC or like.

5 Likes

I think that is a great suggestion. How about raising the price by a dollar, to $70 to include the one dollar token of appreciation for Vedder?
People who want to support him more can donate directly.

2 Likes

People can only buy a neoBOX if they can proof to jeff that they have donated 10$ :grin:

1 Like

but in any case, you can also contribute with diferent VESC tool :wink:

5 Likes

Lets not add a shit ton of more messaging and busy work on Jeff’s shoulders, and just make a donation to BV/Trampa/vesc tool when you buy one. Or for that matter, a nominal amount when you buy any vesc-based controller. What we really should have is a yearly BV appreciation day where we send him thanks and donations for all he has done.

https://vesc-project.com/donations

28 Likes

I think it would be best to donate to Ben directly if you want to show appreciation for all his work. Don’t put any more admin on Jeff please, he’s literally doing this for us at his own cost. Selling for no profit and using his resources and staff to produce means he’s losing manhours and production line time.

Give him some space to finish at least one project. There’s a lot of entitlement floating around here.

41 Likes