*SCAM ALERT* neoBOX open source Focbox variant (HW 4 and HW6 Design)

No reason to strip data unless you hiding something. At this point pictures and promises are worth nothing

That’s bullshit mate, you should always strip exif if your uploading to the internet, it’s common fucking sense.

9 Likes

Done. Could take a while to refresh, but the change is in. I haven’t heard from him since May 21 so this “trade” is on hold for a minute.

Glad to hear it.

9 Likes

Not like some piece of text has stopped them before… Or I have the finances to go after them…

While I don’t see drastic actions smart, especially ones that might hurt the community on the side. Let’s just say if they use the publicly available FW and start selling HW clones/copies on the market. I’m not putting myself above into sneaking some lines of code into the github project that checks the authenticity of the HW and does something if it finds something… No fire hazards though, maybe doesn’t allow charging or balancing or something of that nature. Although this is starting to approach the scale of FTDI bricking clone USB-UART IC chips, which I didn’t really approve of, but understand why they did it.

But I’m not going that far before there actually are HW clones being sold on the market. Don’t wanna do anything drastic if there is no need to.

9 Likes

:thinking: not unless he managed to change his head shape, got new ears, lost a stack of weight, transitioned from curly hair to a short fade, chopped off his hand and replaced with thin fingers, and spent the afternoon waxing his arms.

but conspiracy theories are fun, I blame 5g for this photo :exploding_head: :man_shrugging: :haircut_man:

4 Likes

watch out, you may be accused of shooting from the hip without giving any real thought to it.

4 Likes

I have my own photo to upload, but i realised my error, thought i saw him just the other day at a bakery, but when he turned around to my shock it was just a woman with hard hair, but she WAS wearing a black T-shirt, so you can see my confusion. The search continues

2 Likes

Skimmed through but the gist is we’re changing the site to esk8.shitcunts?

14 Likes

eat your heart out or your wallet
24s 200A.
20s 300A
16s 400A

meesly $1100 single drive

https://powerdrives.net/products/hv_pro/

5 Likes

Fuck me
Those look real good!

1 Like

I mean. $2200 (pre tax) is more than I’ve spent on an entire build. but sure

1 Like

The 200F3[X] 14S 60V 200A looks like a good replacement for the neoshit

2 Likes

seems suspiciously cheap

trying not to fall for another scam

2 Likes

I guess we will have to wait and see

Same. Lots of thought and detail put into their documentation though:
https://docs.powerdrives.net/products/f-series-esc

Edit: So looking into these more, seems like these are actually available - people on youtube all over have these, they are sold on amazon as well.

Seems also that these are largely used in the Racing/FPOV Drone scene. Reading through their setup instructions I wonder if these will be as ‘unrefined’ as your typical RC ESC. The software/bootloader doesn’t have nearly the same level of customization from the initial investigation and it doesn’t seem to run on a DRV320X as far as I can tell.

Additionally looks like its only control scheme is PPM - so anyone with a UART Controller may be SOL. The programming is done via USB-Over-UART so maybe it will still work but :man_shrugging: no idea. Didnt find any people trying to build an ESK8 with these things.

3 Likes

The datasheet is one page… Lots is an overstatement.

2 Likes

Datasheet needs to be how long? Their general documentation, Setup, troubleshooting and “how to use” is more complete than any product I’ve seen so far from the VESC Derivatives (to be clear this isnt a vesc derivative as far as i could tell, just making a comparison)… Maybe im still ‘too new’ to say that but it’s better than what i’d expect in this hobby and therefore “lots” should be considered subjective. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thats really jsut the spec sheet. the standard is to have a datasheet that has everything in it. They’ve seemingly chosen to separate all the various sections

related to this is how I heard of them. although more in the POV plane scene but yeah

Pretty sure not even PPM. just PWM

Im not even sure it has brakes.

1 Like

From an engineering standpoint a one page datasheet, is not a datasheet. Calling it a datasheet is a disgrace to all other datasheets.

I do agree that the info present is very informative while still bit limited

6 Likes

theyre definitley misusing the term “datasheet” they mean spec sheet

2 Likes