*SCAM ALERT* neoBOX open source Focbox variant (HW 4 and HW6 Design)

I’m hoping that if that’s true, the launch of the StormCore will show those unaware that the Unity doesnt have support officially, there will likely be no further innovation/improvements, and that realistically - you’ll be happier with an off the shelf product that has what I’d guess is 80-90% of the community (active) supporting it.

1 Like

Oh no :frowning:

At least Andrews BMS will be out within the year (hopefully owo)

3 Likes

giphy-downsized-medium

14 Likes

I must have missed something. Thought it wasn’t OS?

1 Like

I don’t think it is. Jeff makes bioboards battery pcb and it has the flexibms built right onto it.

5 Likes

Why would you want that to be true? Potter is a scammer and would be just making money from Jeffs work? Fucking scum

1 Like

He’s supporting Stormcore, not Unity.

1 Like

Hey @moon I 100% Agree.

I said it in this context:

“…I’m hoping that if that’s true…” in relation to @mutantbass and his remark “I am assuming that Potty has setup production” and follow up with a statement that infers my distain for potter and his shit - by saying, if he’s spending money to setup production and sell these things (unities) again, that as the StormCores release everyone realizes that they are better in every way and therefore Potter has spent money with no means of getting ROI.

3 Likes

Yup. I dont know what I thought I just read. Apologies Ill delete that

Misread everything. Sorry mate

11 Likes

Its all good bruh :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I want this to be true but I fear it’s not :frowning: 200 vs 350 is a massive gap and ultimately, the free market that we all love will dictate that the unity will eat a massive chunk of the 60D market. Again, this is under a massive assumption that unity production is up and running with some level of QC.

TBH I thought he was still trying to bust them out at over 250 a Pop.

I suppose it could turn into the whole flipsky thing - which is buy for support/performance, or buy cheap and possibly twice. Maybe we’ll see a gerber for the v6 NeoBox on github and the dozens of EE’s we have here could get it sorted in a new repo as a complete package or an off the shelf product.

2 Likes

I think the best closure for us as a community is the raptorshop/aliexpress are just refurbs and once they are gone, its all done.

2 Likes

Don’t say you were not warned.

1 Like

They are in production now so there are hundreds and hundreds and hundreds even made now

2 Likes

If you do take the gamble l also do repair on them lol

2 Likes

It’s only $40 to post it back to china registered and eventually you will get one that kinda works it may take you a few times…just don’t push it too hard.

So you have it on good authority that 100% new Unitys are being made?

1 Like

Also, if the waters aren’t already muddy enough, this comes along:

7 Likes

Mate that looks like it could be awesome…or not, neo stole my trust.

2 Likes