*SCAM ALERT* neoBOX open source Focbox variant (HW 4 and HW6 Design)

Congratulations, the deck looks AWESOME!

Anyways, we have an agreement and I bought already all other parts. However, I am sure Jeff will be happy to put you on the list for the second batch :slight_smile:

You haven’t paid for them yet? It’s been a while, hasn’t it?

1 Like

Are you from the past? give up traction control, canbus monitoring, Bluetooth error logging,erpm control. Marty get back in the Delorean…

5 Likes
2 Likes

@jeffwuneo can I buy a set of black sleeves from you?

I will keep the white and order another set in batch 2

@Chricious please paypal me £244.47 for the hubs and £15 postage to wright2283@hotmail.co.uk I’ll let you know the import duty when I get the bill.

4 Likes

You are going to love what I have in the pipeline then bro.

2 Likes

I’ve send you 260£ :slight_smile:

Just ordered my neobox 4 … I’ve got one working focbox and jsut blew the mosfets on the other so I’m going to run one neobox4 and one focbox to see how they go and possibly sell this other foc box and get a second neobox4 to have a matching pair.
Can’t wait :grin::ok_hand:

2 Likes

Yes is ok.

1 Like

Could the V6s be taken out of their case and mounted onto the 3Dservisas FocBox heatsink plate?

3 Likes

Yes I’m pretty sure someone has already tried it successfully here.

Also I think that guy having trouble with the escs is connecting all 4 wires for canbus with the older designed escs. So they are ground looping and burning out.

2 Likes

Yep this is the plate I have, and the V6 fit great with the thinner heatsink pads that ship with the neoboxes. Standard foxbox heatsink pads cause some flex due to the thickness of the pads. Pink is neobox thermal pads.

10 Likes
2 Likes

General question here - I unfortunately built my enclosure around the Unity with only mm to spare in both H x W x L, with height being the tightest factor.

Would I be able to swap narrower, longer capacitors onto these Neobox PCBs if it were a matter of just reducing it’s height to fit my setup?

I would just save yourself some trouble and install them caseless, a dual setup should be slightly smaller footprint wise than the unity.

1 Like

That means means no heatsink for the fets. Probably not the best choice.

As long as I have the FETS on the back of the board on a make shift heat sink together, it should work right? They don’t need dual side cooling?

sorry I don’t have the patience to find the answer that most certainly exists somewhere in this long thread–when can I order a couple of these?

1 Like

Honestly I have run plenty of builds without any kind of heat spreader and they work just fine, but if you want some redundancy you can get these guys.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YR6M6F6/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_sBHKEb3WK5HA6

I would definitely not run without a heatsink, the most important piece is just thermal mass no fins needed. A bar of aluminum trimmed to size with a thermal pad and tape can do in a pinch. Just don’t let anyone see how ugly it is inside your enclosure when you do this :wink:

10 Likes