*SCAM ALERT* neoBOX open source Focbox variant (HW 4 and HW6 Design)

@jeffwuneo
How is your newBOX v6 different to say a VESC6 functionally? or is it the same?

Does it have the IMU / RF components?

Is VESC6 design. No IMU or RF.

9 Likes

Its an interesting design! I like some of the changes to the other guys out there, and dislike others.
Direct fets all around is nice even on the V4 . The edge connector USB is great! those vertical connectors aren’t worth a damn mechanically. Do the enclosures have direct contact with the FET housings, to provide direct contact heatsinking??
Its interesting to see the Shunt resistors so close to the FETS on the V4. or the crystal so close to the USB and edge.
I am not experienced enough to know if these decisions are good / bad but they are different! Excited to see how they pan out.

Also, I am a huge fan of your prompt answers! Thank You

8 Likes

Our whole case is big heatsink. We use thermal pad from FET to connect to case so is one big heatsink for all.

18 Likes

Y’know… I think I have before, and I was probably going to argue more for a USB-C connector instead of micro-USB…

But in the past few months, I’ve had so many fucking problems with USB-C that I gotta say fuck it. Keep/use micro-USB. In fairness, my issue haven’t been entirely from USB-C and more-so from phone housing plug lead-in design - mainly being way too oversized - butt fuuuk it. Ain’t worth fucking with. I think I want an Android phone with a lightning connector at this point.

5 Likes

neoBOX6

neoBOX4

38 Likes

These are the V4s with the smaller capacitors, correct?
Love to see em Jeff! Awesome work

Is same size but physical smaller than focbox have.

3 Likes

15 Likes

Is the canbus ic different or just a smaller package?

4 Likes

Is more reliable IC so not have problem like before. Also move component under USB port so can solder USB port correct so it not fall off.

9 Likes

Awesome, i didn’t even notice it’s mounted through the PCB on the neo, that’s nice :yum:

7 Likes

You got any pictures of it in the case all mounted up?

I share tomorrow. Worker is sleeping now, been work more than 20 hour now.

25 Likes

Poor guy 20h shifts I’d tell my boss we’re to shuve it by then

10 Likes

Going months with no work, Im sure the workers ae eager to catch up and start getting paid.

7 Likes

This is my VESC-X, and I had to pull the CAN chip.

5 Likes

The ol’ plugging one a VESC at a time in and frying the CAN chip?

1 Like

Soldering related, but equally dumb.

2 Likes

Oh yeah. That reminds me, did you ever get your FOCBOX back, Bill? :joy:

2 Likes