Savage1 TKP Trucks

Ya, that only works with baseplates that I made to accept .75" tall bushings. Wedging 7 degrees front has been perfect for me. I should make dedicated front base plates angled 7 degrees, with no wedge. I feel it is perfect now.

6 Likes

I would love to a future version with split angle.

5 Likes

Do iittttttt.

+1 for APS bushings in the front too.

4 Likes

What about using the surf rodz adjustable baseplates?

Unfortunately, I tried Savage1 hangers on Hammock SR TKP adjustable baseplates with poor results.

There’s a geometry mismatch somewhere that makes the hanger and baseplate bushing seats not parallel with longboard height bushings. This causes the turning response to be incredibly twitchy and the kingpin to be put under immense stress. I broke one kingpin and the other one had the threads rolled over.

It’s really a shame because I was looking forward to running that setup… maybe I’ll see if I can get some dimensions from Phil and Alessio and model a part that has the correct geometry if others would be interested in them. I believe Alessio still has the part of the Hammock baseplate that bolts to the deck in stock.

2 Likes

I’m happy to share the dimensions of the pivot pin in relation to the bushing seat if that would help, but I have no plans to make an adjustable base plate.
A broken king pin?:exploding_head:. Can you sent a picture of that please.

2 Likes

Those dimensions would be awesome!

Yep, broken kingpin. I think a few things contributed, especially that I didn’t know the quality of the bolt used and that it was threaded most of the way up. I think the killer was the geometry mismatch though.

2 Likes

mine came like this , on the back green with light yellow , and on the front wine red with light yellow

3 Likes

I’m looking at my Meepo with the savage1 and gear driver, the skateboard is great, but with little time and lots of boards, here at home, that’s all that goes with the original parts too.

4 Likes

Is it possible to run bn m1 gear drives on these hangers? If so where would someone find the adapters.

You’d need the specially modified hangers and adapters from @Savage1

The hangers are machined to provide enough motor clearance.

1 Like

I have a set specially machined and with the adapters, lol it’s from where I pulled your drives

2 Likes

Go figure. You literally have everything.

1 Like

Still on the hunt for 220/184 adapters

1 Like

Seriously, can someone reach to him ?

Are you looking for a set?

He got hurt a little while ago so might not be as active.

4 Likes

Yea, I knew about that fact, I just try to reach out to him for tracking number 20 days ago,
Well, whatever,
GGWP.

2 Likes

Hi Phil, truck savage1 is available

1 Like

call me on private