Savage1 TKP Trucks

Yup. I have the same wheels and I have to say I’m pretty impressed. Can only imagine how nice they’d be on Savage TKP like you’re sporting.

Board looks tits!

4 Likes

I love CNC precision machined bushing cups that fit with no slop on the kingpin. They really help make the bushings snappier and more precise.

4 Likes

Hey! Do your trucks extend the effective wheelbase like most TKP trucks do? Having some issues getting my BN270 trucks to work well with my tomiboi deck, and I’m interested in your trucks as a replacement.

4 Likes

Yes they definitely do, not sure how much by but it’s significant compared to rkp

5 Likes

Will the TKP trucks work with a MTB with 30 degree tabs?

I agree with Glyphiks. As for 30 degree tab, not sure.

No they will not work with 30° mtb decks. @ least not by themselves.

2 Likes

@J0ker is correct (for know).
@haven The savage TKP’s will not turn with 30 tips without an angled wedge, which I’ve messed around with but don’t particularly like. I would need to make an adjustable base plate, or better yet, a baseplate with the correct angles for 30 degree tips. Your bn 270’s will not work either without adjustable baseplates, which I think he offers.
Until I have a proper setup for a board with 30 degrees tips that I’m satisfied with, your best bet would be apex airs, matrix 2’s, or maybe Luna’s?
That said, if you have a regular street board, you’d probably like the TKP’s.

6 Likes

I’m currently running BN 270s with the adjustable baseplates, but there’s no great angle to fix my issues. Either I adjust the angle so I can barely turn, or I get wheel bite… not enough in between.

Would love to see an adjustable baseplate from you!

2 Likes

where can i order and how much???

@Savage1 is working on a new batch. If you just want raw silver I believe he should have some available, but the colored ones are not ready yet. I believe it’s a little over $400

1 Like

Can someone comment on the ride height of these trucks compared to something like a BN on a fixed baseplate? Planning out a RE44 build and I want to see whether I’m getting enough clearance.

3 Likes

Eyeballing it from different angles, looks like an 8mm lower ride than a BN hanger in a caliber baseplate.

8 Likes

Thanks! So, close but not really an ultra board.

2 Likes

Dumb question, but what keeps the press-fit clamps onto the hanger apart from the back handle / support bar? I don’t have one and I’m now realizing there’s nothing stopping them from coming off the ends of the truck :frowning:

1 Like

Only the axle nut, so having proper spacers is a must

4 Likes

Wait, do I need special press-fit pulleys with these then? Because otherwise there will always be a gap between the clamp and the pulley bearing

1 Like

Just put a spacer between the clamp and the pulley bearing. I just 3d print them and use a speed ring on either side of the print.

2 Likes

That sounds complicated af. Feels like such a metal shim should be included by default if it’s needed. Or the clamp should be made to fit on the 10mm axle so that regular spacers / speedrings can be used. Stepping up to 15mm is going to be challenging.

2 Likes

Would you mind elaborating on what you mean please? The only thing my axle nut holds on is my wheels on these trucks?

I use meepo cyclone wheels and the pulley is bolted on to the wheel, is it done differently on different wheels? Sorry if this seems obvious I have only built one board and didn’t encounter this issue.

1 Like