Savage1 TKP Trucks

The more I think about it, a shallower kingpin angle would also help with low-speed turning. How about adjustable baseplates with a few different angles. Maybe 35, 45, and 55 degrees. Another option would be 30, 40, 50 and 60 might work well too.

I typically don’t like reverse mount, but this looks absolute tits.

3 Likes

Reverse mount for life. The handle is fucking awesome as well.

How many people would be keen on narrower savage tkps? Say, like, 180mm narrow?

5 Likes

It’s just you, dilldorfer.

8 Likes

At 177mm we already have the SR TKP, which are very decent (though not so sexy). Something in the 210-220mm range would be nice though.

4 Likes

See here for Al’s thoughts on surf rods…

8 Likes

Ah, right. I forgot he’s 8 feet and 300 lbs or thereabouts. :grin: Let me correct myself:

:innocent:

7 Likes

or people who don’t use wheels smaller than kegels lol

3 Likes

Me

2 Likes

I also think a narrow hanger would be a nice option. 210-220mm would be perfect. A couple different hanger options. A couple different baseplate angles. These options would make for a pretty ideal truck system.

2 Likes

maybe 200 possibly, but not for awhile at this point.

2 Likes

Different baseplate angles could be possible as well, I just prefer that the axel height remain the same. At this point, I probably will not make adjustable base plates. To many variables that I don’t like with stability and wear at this point.

4 Likes

Why can’t you mount drop through? My surfrodz tkp’s work great with drop through.

Is there something different about the savage1?

The baseplate is not tall enough to go through the deck. That
s why I mounted it on the bottom and placed a reinforcing plate on the top. I am waiting for a couple different parts. After the install is complete on the Onsra Black Carve II, I will take some pics and post them.

2 Likes

Looks great top mounted with the plate - stoked to see it all come together!

1 Like

i tried drop through initially but the hanger was hitting the deck.

1 Like

Are we ever going to be able to buy a pair? Or is this a project. I have a hurricane and I get speed wobbles at 20mph. Need something alternative.

3 Likes

Message Savage1.

1 Like

If no response/luck, try here:

2 Likes

For a beautiful topplate .essage @SabreDynamics

26 Likes