Savage1 TKP Trucks

Its also an awesome heatsink

2 Likes

ahh, sorry.
me idiot.

1 Like

I maybe wrong, but won’t that make it easier to steer with the available angle and not actually give you more turn like wedging would do?

I don’t hate the idea as it would add more cush + other benefits, but I’m not sure it would give actually more turn assuming the current configuration is tuned with bushing/washers to alliw max turn of the available angle.

Sidenote on cush, your tkp’s offer much more impact absorbtion than 3links/rkps

1 Like

Tall bushings offer more lean. When you get to the limit of your lean on regular height bushings, the tall ones still have some lean left in them. More lean equates to more turn here.

4 Likes

Good shit,
I must have been thinking about it wrong, didn’t think of it extending the range of travel.

3 Likes

Using a tall bushing will definitively give you more turn at the very limit.

The tall bushing allows for a slightly more linear feeling turning experience and more maximum lean/turn.

Adding a wedge/changing the truck angle affects how much effort is need to initiate the turn and overall stability.

My favorite set-up for TKPs is to have the front truck a little shallower that the rear by about 10 degrees. This allows for easier turning up front while keeping good stability in the rear. In addition, the difference in angles between the front and rear resists speed wobbles a bit better. This allows you to set your trucks a bit more towards the carvy side without worrying as much.

3 Likes

Realistically, .75" tall bushings act softer than the .6" tall bushings of the same shape because there is more material able to deform in the same diameter. What this translates into is you need to use a harder .75" bushing than a .6" tall bushing. As hardness goes up, rebound goes down. There is a lot of mythology surrounding tall bushings and in my personal opinion, they introduce more issues than they solve.

More than one company has adopted tall bushings and made their trucks far more difficult to tune…

5 Likes

Easier to think about as a much taller channel truck barrel. Hmm I don’t have a CAD model for any barrel bushing channels.

@Kevball YET…

1 Like

That’s the beauty of making the baseplate compatible with tall barrels. If you want, you can always add a 0.15" spacer to use normal barrels and you can also try tall barrels. Personally, I have not had issues tuning tall barrels and really enjoy using them - as long as they are Riptide!

2 Likes

I made a pseudo review of these trucks if anyone’s interested:

17 Likes

Hell yeah bro with the newbee rims wow :star_struck: awesome MODs :sunglasses:
Great video as well :+1:

5 Likes

Thank you! Its nothing too crazy, but the things I changed have made a world of a difference in ride quality!

3 Likes

BTW, what is the official name of the trucks? Savage trucks?

2 Likes

Honestly, I don’t know. For some reason I just assumed that was the name because I saw others refer to them as savage 1? Maybe that’s just Phil’s net handle? If so, I fucked up :frowning::frowning::frowning:

1 Like

I personally like the name Savage Trucks

1 Like

I typically refer to them as Savage TKPs. Savage had made some RKPs a while ago iirc, so just calling them savage trucks is confusing

2 Likes

Good question. Savage1 mfg is the name of my side business. Savages is the nickname of my oldest daughter. My youngest daughters nickname is Syd The Squid. :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

4 Likes

Squid trucks.
squidbillies_finale

3 Likes

True. I still have a few sets of the RKP’s, just haven’t trying selling any. (Haven’t really tried selling the TKP’s yet either for that matter)

5 Likes

For some reason, I don’t like booty hunter and my daughter together…
Blood and prison comes to my mind.

8 Likes