11 Likes

:joy: Jan know what he’s doing

3 Likes

An optional idler is a nice touch

1 Like

Jealous indeed
That is sooooo beautifull

17 Likes

Second test log. After quite a bit of struggle I finally managed to print what seems to be functional custom cores for Moe Stooge wheels that allow me to get the wheels installed on the rear truck. Pictures below. Since the wheels are very wide and we also need room for the pulley, I had to bury the outside bearing pretty deep into the core. Hopefully it will still hold up. If I could have some extra 12mm of axle length that would be very beneficial in this case.

I have done quite a bit of riding in the last three days with various setups:

• Stooge front, Trampa rear
  • all Trampa
  • all Stooge

As it turned out the wheels don’t affect the truck behavior a lot. The ride feels a little more stable on the Stooge wheels. I guess that’s thanks to their wide profile. It’s not by a lot though and I may just as well be dreaming it.

I went through some back and forth with bushing adjustment. I believe the bushings are Riptide .6" Krank Barrels, 93a and 90a. I weight about 80 kg. I ended up getting them semi-tight in the front and tight in the rear.

My board is perfect now. Very agile. I can maneuver through all the tricky spots on my commute easily. The truck response is predictable and a lot of fun. Yet they are super stable at speed. I didn’t want to go crazy having the board in an experimental setup but I did have it slightly above 50 km/h, which was no problem whatsoever. No slightest signs of wobble tendency. All felt very stable and under control.

I’m looking forward to testing the new setup on T-race. Last time, having the SR TKP in the rear and Savage1 TKP in the front, the turn radius was a bit lacking. That’s now greatly improved.

To conclude. These trucks:

• look great
  • ride great
  • take big motors
  • are super robust
  • come with forward-mountable motor mounts

So overall, these are the best trucks. You may not agree with it; you may even challenge it; but that’s about all you can do about it. :slight_smile:

31 Likes

So glad to hear nothing but positive things about these trucks! And you tried them with equal angles front and back as well, right? Would be interesting to see how fast you can go before wobbles kick in with the rear dewedged :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Yes, equal angles front and rear. The rear more tight than front.

I think slightly harder bushings for the rear might be better but not critical for me.

I’m afraid I’ll leave that research with someone else. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

so any idea when these trucks will be available and via which way to get them?

2 Likes

follow this thread closely, @Savage1 will announce it when he is ready

5 Likes

Thanks for the detailed review @janpom :+1: I hope them wheel cores hold up for you. You always seem to work your way around things! @rusins, I do have some bases half way done to play with different angles if need be. @quest32, I have 20 sets completed, and out for anodizing (black, blue and maybe red), so they should be ready in about 1-2 weeks. I do have more testers, but they are waiting on the anodized ones.
(Jan is amazing to work with by the way!)
(Also, so is Brad @RipTideSports, what an asset to the boarding community)

19 Likes

Thanks for the update. I do want one . Been looking for a good tkp for some while which i could use in combination with my BN geardrive.
I might have missed it but what is the width of the hangers and do you have an estimate regarding prices?

1 Like

They are 250mm wide, hanger mounting options are .75" hex, 22mm octagon (for my belt drives), and 22mm square. These will work with the BN AT’s. Price, still working on that.

4 Likes

So they will be atleast 2 cm less wide in total with axles than the BN 270’s?

Gosh darn it. I really wanted one of these up front.

1 Like

I doubt you’ll notice a 1cm difference on each side + a narrower front and wider rear still rides completely fine

4 Likes

I want to preorder a set. I don’t care if you don’t take pre-orders :joy:

I am serious. Put a set aside. :pray::pray::pray:

8 Likes

Same here, please put me on the premium pre-order list :smiley:

One more glamour shot. I took my good camera out for it. :slight_smile:

34 Likes

Wow that really is quite the board you’ve got now

I’m excited to meet @Savage1 in person at esk8con and see these beauties

7 Likes

Ooooweeeee :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

2 Likes