Safety is paramount|Post your safety gear pix

HAH WHAT :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

5 Likes

Probably a dumb question, but for those familiar with MIPS helms, is there any sort of indicator on the MIPS lining that it’s been activated during a crash? Does that degrade at all?

2 Likes

LOL, a butterfly would be why I end up in the hospital XD

1 Like

If anybody needs a new 2020 lazyrolling hoodie with pads HMU. I got the wrong size :sob:

1 Like

Too many options for butt pads. What do. I’m aware of hillbilly, have other plans for those.

Contenders:

Triple 8 Bumsaver

Bohn all season riding shorts

Dainese Hard short E1

Leatt 3DF 5.0

Knox defender Mk3

Anything from this, probably bodyprox
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=butt+crash+pads&ref=is_s

Right now I’m leaning towards

Leatt 3DF 5.0
Dainese
Bodyprox

Obviously there are lazyrolling pants, I don’t think they have tailbone protection tho, and they’re waaay too expensive to basically have to hope you guess your size right for the time being…

1 Like

Saved my butt many times. And they are comfortable.

2 Likes

You’re thicc bro

6 Likes

Dainese or alpinestars bionic shorts. You need hard pads to slide

I’m talking for wearing under, not over. All I’m after is padding for hip impacts, not slides, and tailbone impacts. I guess sliding is technically an answer to both of those, but I guess I’m more looking at cushion padding, not sliding.

Areas of polymer are however helpful in the even of if I get slid hard enough for jeans to rip thru, but I haven’t really had that yet in accidents that have bruised up my hips/tailbone

Wait maybe I’m being dumb right now

Basically, I think hillybilly pads are my ideal for speed run/race wear. Looking for something more streamlined and compact for casual 30mph+ tho. Can’t look too Superman around college.

Then go with leatt 3df shorts or any shorts with d3o foam

Flatland gloves are definitely light duty stuff. Tbh, that’s what I bought them for - my fault for trying to use them for more than that.

Properly fitted glove literally slid right off of my hand in… not that bad of a crash in the grand scheme of things. Luckily, I didn’t get too badly damaged… But damn. Glove came right off :open_mouth:

Have had the exact same crash situation in the cheapest slide gloves triple 8 offers and they hold tight. If you’re going over 30mph for most of the ride, you should probably have something slightly beefier than flatland, or modify them a bit so that they really cinch around the wrist.

2 Likes

You wouldn’t have the same problem with Knox Orsa MX gloves.

2 Likes

Do they have a unidirectional wrist brace like the flatlands? Tbh, that’s the only thing they really have going for them. I bought them to be something compact, quick to put on, with enough protection for light runs… but honestly, they’re not very compact at all…

Not like the new FL3D, no. These are designed as an MX glove. Have saved my hands a couple of times already.

Do you guys reccomend Sector 9 BHNC gloves?

• Do they breathe well?
  • Are they comfortable?

I don’t really plan on using the slide pucks, maybe in my non remote hand… But will they hold up after a fall?

Hopefully someone here has used em before

If you hate them, reccomend me something light, durable and breathable that’s not stupidly expensive (please :slight_smile: )

2 Likes

I ordered some because I couldn’t find their DD lightning gloves for sale anywhere… I’ll let you know what I think when they arrive friday

1 Like

When did you order them?

1 Like

I ordered them on April 22nd

1 Like

My friends have these, the finger tips are really rigid in my opinion compared to leather ones.

2 Likes