SABRESTARS | Superstar Spoke Inserts |

Ever looked at your Superstar hubs and thought, these spokes could be sexier?

Well… a recently started project tackles this, creating a simple but slick spoke insert.
Feedback and ideas on the design are very welcome and will be taken into consideration, let’s get creative.

Hit the poll below with all you’ve got!

Interested in some fresh spokes?
  • YES
  • NO

0 voters

The render above shows a fairly simple but nice design which could thus be machined for a reasonable price. Plus the “Sabrestar” could be used on the outside of the hub only, keeping the inner spoke stock is possible and can save costs while keeping the hub’s functionality.

Some prototypes will be CNC’d and tested in house soon.

12 Likes

cough spinner rims cough cough

21 Likes

Brian im on this already :rofl:

Also they look really neat. Would be cool if some features can be added to it.

4 Likes

please add nut holders

11 Likes

I can hold your nuts

tenor (14)

11 Likes

You can hold DEEEEZ NUTS

4 Likes

22mm bearing compatibility when?

5 Likes

Water Jet cut might be adequate, depending how precision or blingy you want to be.

If you’re redesigning the spokes, you have an opportunity to redesign the axle’s bearing assembly. You could use angular contact type bearings as Ernesto offers here.

Depending on what bearing types are available, you could offer assemblies to suit 8mm, 10mm or 12mm axles.

2 Likes

Angular contact bearings are mostly used in the drive train powering the wheels. I don’t see a need for them in the actual wheels themselves.

4 Likes

:star_struck: yes please love your designs :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

Better put 8 bearings in the wheels aswell, all angled ofcourse and two deep grooves on the outside for speed.

/S

6 Likes

Who needs nut holder if you can have a moon drive wheel adapter :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

They look sick, I would love them on my board but cleaning them looks like a pain in the ass

2 Likes

For the front… ok just have quad moon drives- great idea!

6 Likes

I thought that is already esk8 standard

5 Likes

Getting there arent we?

5 Likes

Ill definitely get in contact with Luuk if such an option will be created :wink:

1 Like

Great suggestion will definitely look into that. And otherwise we can still go for 4wd like @Andy87 and @Lee_Wright suggested :rofl:

Some interesting ideas, but for the first version I think we will go with simple so the standard 6001 bearings can be used. And they will be milled to get a nice finish and 3D surface.
I do like the idea of @Minimadness to add an option which fits smaller 608 bearings to fit the hubs on longboard trucks.

Thanks @Nacho and @Acido glad you already like the current design. :love_you_gesture:

@Andy87 also suggested an intriguing idea: a hub spacer to widen the hubs for wider tires in general or 9 inch tires for example.

7 Likes

Finally! I’ve wanted to see someone do this for so long now.

4 Likes

Nut holder slot is implemented for the rear spoke. Gonna 3D print a prototype this weekend to look at the fit of the spoke.

7 Likes