SABRESTARS | Superstar Spoke Inserts |

Please test these out with megastars as well for maximun bling! I am assuming they are competible but hey never know

1 Like

@ixf yes, they should fit since the spokes appear to be the same as the superstars. I will find someone with megastars just to make sure.

Update on 3D printed spokes

They fit, just need to tweak some curves.

8 Likes

I LOVE these! Planning on superstars for my mtb build, this will be just the bling these wheels need!

1 Like

Integrated widening spacer?
Man can wish

4 Likes

Definitely not a cheap part to make

2 Likes

Looking forward to ordering a set of these.

1 Like

Thanks for the great feedback guys, we are still working on calibrating the CNC but I think a first aluminium prototype will be made soon. A widening spacer is still on the list, but not priority now.

4 Likes

Where do you guys get the bolt pattern from? I want to make some of these for my Cyboard build.

4 Likes

Please make the widening spacer!

2 Likes

Still have to tweak it, will share the dimensions once done

1 Like

UPDATE

Been tweaking the curves and dimensions a bit, last 3d print fit perfectly. Today I decided to machine that version.

Came out pretty well but still have to adjust the curvature of the arm tips and outer diameter, plus the tolerance in the bearing seat. And regarding the machining I need to tweak the 3D surfacing a bit.

If there is enough interest, I will make a google form soon together with some more information.

14 Likes

UPDATE

New prototype! Shape of the new spoke fits like a glove now. And it looks pretty slick inside the rims. We will machine a few of these to test on @Creavenger 's board.

In house production of these would probably not be very viable however. This comes down to machining time, to make a whole set of at least 4, preferably 8 it would take a significant amount of time which would result in an expensive product. To estimate demand, we could do a google form and have a batch made in the future. For now we are gonna keep improving the machining since the bearing seat tolerance and the 3D surfacing can use some more work.

10 Likes

Looking clean, badboy! Nice work!

Whatever you do, don’t get rid of those ‘sunbeam’ path lines when you optimise that surfacing. They look sweet! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

rims be looking fiiine. tho having a second set of mounting wholes so you can remove the wheels without disassembling the wheel would be great

1 Like