another topic I want to save here, just for sharing.
It’s an old build that started around 2015/2016.
This is what I was hoping for :
1 - Make the deck :
The custom deck (9 plies), my 1st DIY one !
I love this pic !
cut ends !! Beatiful DIY 37" deck
The layout (long and slim battery pack around 16mm) :
I resized and adjusted the symmetry of the deck easing of some 100g and familiarized myself with the trimmer.
Then I went to dig the deck of the center, beautiful fail nicely caught! So I finished my ripping planing and sanding until a beautiful flat :
And here the profile of the 9 layers (7 wood and 2 carbon) :
now the enclosure: I wanted to change a little technique and tape the mold directly on the deck (wrapped in cellophane) less tape to be applied but equally complicated …
done! (but I have a problem on a flange, will apply a second pass of fiber with some deco !)
like Whitepony suggests me
the motor wiring slice and inserts in place and enclosure ends !
Now I have to test ride that deck!!!
After some times riding, I made some modifications : tracing, fitting, cutting, sanding, varnish below
Result now is a 36" ! (always the same wheelbase )
2 - Make deck enclosed
sorry, pict is better for you than frenglish word :
TADA ! It’s flat
Also, some small cosmetic surgery on the top :
Board and mold ready
Preparation of consumables
Laminating process under vacuum, carbon and epoxy resin
Well, not so fast,… it’s almost a raisin fruit … but the global idea perfectly work !
And if you blink all the time, it looks really beautiful
I should make the process and do the finition after by hand (not by vacuum pump…).
But it is not lost yet!
The black and red carbon bond is perfect ! The rest is a bit … unsatisfactory
Not that bad ^^ (I mean after some sending)
hahaha, yes my deck is crying !!!
And after :
Now empty it out of his mold !.. work work work !!
The deck is empty !!
VESCs are updated FW2.53 Ackmaniac ! New remote Madmunckey case with CH3 made by Pimousse (Big thanks again !)
And I’m finaly done with my wheels
All good, test ride on real road soooooooooon !
I finaly did the restratification !
ok, between ride of this little baby
Complet new setup
And it’s really cool, perfect cruiser for summer !
Nothing exit from the back, no wires, no connector, fully closed just the trap on the top.
1th I parameter the vesc for this little 22amps motor … 0.01 start up boost, and I wasn’t really ready for so less power
But after some more prameters up (25Amps batt and motor max current control actualy (soone watt mode with 900w max) and the custom curve for more acceleration and less punch at top speed).
Cause when your rolling (lets say around 20kmh or more) when you push the throttle is pretty good for what I’m looking for. I go up to 30kmh and really could push more ! (enought for me)
But after just 3km of run they are terribly hot !!! (dont know how the indise support this …)
The freewheels is super cool when you kick the battery and need to return home at cut off start.
The urethane isn’t that bad, and the Ronin truck are just a killer for electric setup ! Stable and super carvy same time. Love them !