Rubber Griptape for easy cleaning

Has anyone used this before? Sounds perfect for those AT adventures… Originally intended for saving skate shoes (however for esk8, hardly any kickflips and ollies)

I’ve been so sick of grabbing my boards lately because I keep losing my fingerprints on them. Abrasion is pretty unnecessary. Really thinking of getting these soonest.

3 Likes

also pants getting destroyed =( this looks cool

3 Likes

Looks cool but does it grip when wet too?

3 Likes

good point

1 Like

definitely less than normal wet griptape I would think

1 Like

I have personally tried it for skateboarding. It takes a bit to get use to and you have to adjust the angle you kick the board for flip tricks. I would not use it because it not grippy enough for me and has a loose feel. For longboarding? Hit or miss just depends on how you ride.

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing - yeah, really more for esk8ing, which I feel that abrasion isn’t necessary.

Definitely, I have asked a while ago about them making longboard sheets/variations instead of black and they told me it is harder to produce but they are working on it. That was months ago so I dont know if they are working on it still but it might be worth it to ask.

2 Likes

2 words

glass frit

2 Likes

I could see it working for cruising on a longboard barefoot. It would actually feel better than glass frit. But when wet like after surfing it would not be the safest or most practical.

2 Likes

I ride one of my boards without any griptape at all. My shoes have enough grip by themselves.

2 Likes

I’ve used this exact grip-tape. It was pretty good, but didn’t stick to my feet enough when doing ollies. (I suck at ollies though so YMMV) Might be good for longboarding, but the biggest issue with it is that it doesn’t grip at all if it’s wet. Stepped into a puddle / some morning dew on the grass? GG, you are slipping boi

3 Likes

wish they had a glass frit griptape? glass frit isn’t easy to apply - too many steps and gets too messy!

Ah! Finally a user of the fine rubber!

best phrase of the day : “Mainly it won’t scratch shit up when I need to walk through a crowded subway.”

3 Likes

Just send your deck to @Sender, thats the easiest way to get frit on there. No mess for you at all!

5 Likes

If you ever want to consider having sex with your board instead of your girlfriend, Tim’s the guy for you @Sender

6 Likes

This @sender guy’s really sumthin huh…

1 Like

I mean it seams basic but maybe just keep an area open when doing grip tape designs…or build a board with a handle…still got good basic grip tape with the problem solved. Something I’ve wanted to try is using polly with glass/plastic shards. Would keep fingerprints but gotta find a way to not slice my hands open on the sharp edges.

1 Like

You sand down the sharp edges. I don’t like using poly. Not strong enough. People use it for sure, just I am not a fan.

2 Likes

apparently doesn’t work so great when wet. Good customer service tho, dude responded to my email fast

3 Likes