Roxie display (based on DAVEga OS)

Hi Charclo, thanks for doing this ( and thanks to Janpom ). I’m having trouble opening roxie.ino in the arduino ide. Says the source file needs to be in a sketch folder of the same name. I renamed the file to “src.ino” just to get around this (prolly not a good idea but it worked to get it to open up in arduino ide). After this, it cannot find any #include files when trying to write to the arduino every. Any idea where I went wrong? I followed your instructions but no dice.

The main branch won’t just open in the arduino IDE as I’m developing in VSCode with PlatformIO. You can either install that or use the release .zip I uploaded (.zip). The code from the .zip file will work in the arduino IDE, the code from this is older however. I’ll upload a newer version tonight

3 Likes

I just uploaded a new release

2 Likes

Thank you, I was able to write to the ‘every’. I see where I went wrong. I clicked the bright green “code” button to download instead of the release .zip. I’ll download the newer version before I hook it up. Thanks again.

See the message I just posted

You’re the man. Works perfect. Buttons wont arrive until tomorrow so can’t test that yet but readout is flawless. Running on flipsky mini fsesc4.2 firmware 5.2. I’ll send you and Janpom a PM once everything is up and running to contribute something for your efforts. Much appreciated. Followed your instructions by uploading the gerber files to the company you linked. Cost 2 dollars total plus shipping for 5 unit minimum. Shipping was more than the boards. I’m in California and it took a little under 2 weeks. The wiki might confuse some while trying to write to the board if they know absolutely nothing about electronics like me. Your updated post on this thread fixed that. Thanks again and I’ll keep you posted after my project is all done. One thing, I did have to switch the RX and the TX as I found out reading Janpom’s old Davega os thread. Have a good day.

6 Likes

Thx, really cool to see this in the wild :slight_smile: The price for me was the same, 2 euros + shipping. I’ll update the wiki to make it more clear.

If you have more feedback I would be happy to hear it. I was already thinking about changing the connector from a normal pinheader to a jst connector which seems to be used a lot.

3 Likes

Got mine done as well! Thanks a lot for reviving the Davega OS! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

hello i tried your code and it works, my display works with arduino pro mini 16mhz 5v 328p, everything works except the keys i can’t get them to work i use arduino ide do you have any advice for me?

2 Likes

Try the latest code from the master branch in the github repo. I added some extra functionality for the buttons and a second screen with more information.

You will probably have to change the pins for the buttons in roxie_config.h. They have to be pins that have interrupt support. According to this on your hardware this is only pin 2 and 3

2 Likes

Hi I replaced my pro mini with a nano every, it would be possible to switch from the current display to an ili9341 2.8"

Yes, this would be possible, but a lot of work. I’m already working on a new version that integrates nrf52_vesc. This runs on a nrf52840 so has Bluetooth support and you could also connect to an app like “Yours Truly” or the regular vesc tool app. This has a lot more potential then using the arduino. For the roxie display I only plan support for the basic functionality it has now. I’ll probably just add one more screen with more info. And I want to keep supporting future versions of the Vesc firmware.

If you would like to integrate the ili9341 screen I welcome patches for the roxie display :grin: Just fork the code on github and make the changes.

3 Likes

I got a davega board from 2018 and roxie-firmware should work with it or?
I get a white screen after uploading roxie-firmware. Do you have some advice?

Hey, I dropped support for the original davega because I didn’t think anybody was using it anymore. I’ll see if I can support it again. It’s not that much work

Thank you very much for the update. I copied the pin assignments from davega_ili9225_screen.cpp to roxie_config.h and it works.

#define TFT_RS 9   // REGISTER SELECT
#define TFT_CS 10  // CS
#define TFT_RST 12 // RESET pin
#define TFT_SDI 11 // MOSI
#define TFT_CLK 13 // SCK
#define TFT_LED 0
2 Likes

I accidently ordered the 2.2in screen with ili9225 you reckon it’ll work? The resolution and pin out seems the same

That is the correct display, so should work

Sorry, didnt see that it was the 2.2 version you ordered. This won’t work with the pcb’s I made. The dimensions are different.

Are you sure about that? I was asking mostly about software side.

The firmware should work as the lcds use the same driver chip, as long as it has the same pinout. The PCB from the 2.2 inch version looks bigger, so the pcb’s don’t match. You will have to make you’re own housing for it now. SD card isn’t used, so doesn’t have to be connected.

Have you tried turning it on yet?