Roxie display (based on DAVEga OS)

Hey man, any chance you can make it work with the 5.3 firmware?

1 Like

I have been using it with the 5.3 dev firmware and that was working, I’ll have to see why its not working any more.

1 Like

It’s the single reason why I’m still on the 5.2 fw lol, can’t live without it now

1 Like

Any luck?

1 Like

No, I just updated my controller to firmware 5.03 to verify that it doesn’t work. I don’t know what changed to make this display stop working, I’ll have to look into it some more

1 Like

Ok, I found the problem. It seems the packet the vesc is sending out has changed, it is now 1 byte longer. For now, in the file “vesc_comm_standard.cpp” you can change line 24 to
_max_packet_length = 80;
Then it will work again.

5 Likes

I made a new release on github as well now.

3 Likes

@Charclo if you don’t mind me asking, what buttons are you using in this photo and is that a 3D printed button housing?

1 Like

Made a lite version of the display without buttons, looks a bit cleaner and compact.

I’ll post the files if anyone’s interested.

7 Likes

These are the buttons of an old ebike display. Some bafang displays use the same buttons. I think you can find them separately on aliexpress

Nice, I also really like 3d printed case. Can you post the files for this?

1 Like

@VodkaMan I love the minimal design! Can you share the files?

I’d love to see which enclosure everyone is using.

3 Likes

Hello. I am quite new to this but would it be possible to make this work with 5" inch TFT for example . I would like to put something like this on my motorcycle . A bigger screen might offer more real-estate for more Info instead of changing screens !

5” might be difficult, as the resolution of these seems to be a lot higher, but it would be possible to change the code to support a 3,5 inch display. The screen updates will be slower

1 Like

dope gonna try to adopted your code into this device open smart watch with 37mm display! It fits PERFECTLY into classic scooters round display.

Than plan is to make first screen to look like classic VSETT / Minimotor screen theme

• incl switching modes 1/2/3 (because police knows to put it into 3, so it has to work and set VESC limit 15-20-25kmh)
  • Than make the custom screen that would show all we normally want to see on VESC and may be 2 power modes on same button (500w 15kmh / no limit)
  • since it has accelerometer built in, I think I could add ALARM mode (Throttle input is disabled, if moved during ARMED maximum regeneration will be activated and Siren mosfet signal open, until 5sec with no acceleration changes, dead band set reasonably to avoid wind triggering)

sounds fun :slight_smile: I wish I could code well… could even add simcard and GPS to it or VSETT RFID as it works dedicated over UART +12v and :smiley:

4 Likes

I’ll buy 10

Ready? Needs 7/8 handlebar mount. I can CNC or print

2 Likes

Pauls 3d open source watch? I have one that could see a new life as an eskate telemetry watch. It supports bluetooth connections too.

3 Likes

I see you guys dig that idea. I have new one (call it plan A2)

Here it is bellow, read it all :slight_smile: let me know what you think

• Here is my analysis Based on this device we could
  • repurpose led bar as addressable blinkers by adding 3 pin connector for L and R buttons input (and changing trigger in the code from forward/backward from can to buttons input) or keep front and brake wled and add trigger and output for left right blink on a longer strip

• repurpose buzzer to alarm (add armed mode into blynk app, with ebrake full up on movement ) (or one of normal light output can be used for alarm siren, freeing buzzer io)

• uart is used to speak to display (display button used to turn on headlight over uart light) (can to vesc)

• up on mode change message (1/2/3) push vesc parameter change over can ? May be possible (no need to store specific setting in eprom, just push specific message to set rpm limit 1 rpm limit 2 rpm limit 3)

• than creat if command based on different triggers like (twice brake over 50%, + mode one, + mode hold sec) to send 9999 rpm limit = result is default police mode with quick and hard to guess unlock

Best part is that all of that looks doable as speed calculation already known as per link above!

Mode and light from display to cotnorller is not encrypted.

Adc and brake go to vesc directly

——-
More over display has VBAT - after rfid unlock it send wake up to controlle, so we can use same line to wake up rESCue as it takes up to 75v
Or we can wake it up with display and use rfid activation line as alarm on / off.

• if rfid was not unlocked / no controller wake up signal but motion detected than alarm and controller is woken and ebrake max message sent for 5sec after no more movement (ebrake will over power adc by default), if rfid was unlock than operation as normal*

This would not require screen changes than

1 Like

Hi, friend!
Can I use an Arduino Nano ATmega 328P for this project?
Tnx

1 Like