Rocket Hollow Core Deck For Sale [In Stock]

The sand paper that you used I don’t think has aluminum oxide. Aluminum oxide is a great sand paper material. It cuts quickly on both wood and metal. Best way to tell if all the clear coat is off is put a little water droplet on the board and if grain burls up it is off.

1 Like

If the below pics don’t adequately explain, I’m a University of Florida Alum.

10 Likes

Looks great! Excited to see the final build!

1 Like

8 Likes

@evoheyax

any more decks? i may have someone that wants one.

hell, i’ll take some extras - gonna start showing this off around here with the pre-built guys and i suspect there will be some serious envy.

1 Like

YEHAA, got mine, thanks @evoheyax :slightly_smiling_face:

Edit: this is HUGE, now I’m thinking about getting pneumatics :thinking: but first 4wd with landwheels and mellows…

7 Likes

Now I have my plans complete: I’ll put in a 10s6p battery and get two of those dual maker x escs. It will be a perfect fit :slight_smile: This time I cant use NESE since there is no variant that makes sense without wasting space and I want to max this case out :slight_smile: I’ll also try to make it look slimmer by rounding the streetside edges with a router. Decorationwise I’ll leave it in natural color, I’ll add only a red heptagram to keep my style consistant :smiley:

3 Likes

Did anyone remove a part of the middle “reinforcement” to put a unity in?

I really hope I got everything removed, trying to stain dark red today :smiley:

Post pictures when you’re done! I love seeing pictures of this deck

1 Like

Teaser: It worked mostly, only on the edges are some spots where I still had some clear coat left, which isnt bad since I’ll just sand it again with focus on these when its dry and then stain once more. The body is perfect :slight_smile: Color is blood red :wink:

btw, here it is after routing away the edges and sanding:

4 Likes

3 Likes

Damn that looks fresh as hell

1 Like

Yah, I love it already :smiley: The dye amplifies the wood structure, the picture is pretty bad so its not so obvious. First I wanted just a clear coat but now… I’m already thinking of buying another pack of black dye for the lid :smiley: but first lets see how it looks atm :wink:

Done :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Hey, does anyone know how to get in contact with @evoheyax?

We agreed on a order and I sent payment for a deck over a week ago and he hasn’t responded.
I also tried emailing the email associated with his paypal and no response.

Be patient :smirk: he seems to have a life apart from the forum tststs

Yes, sorry guys. My day job can suck me into a black hole some times. Everything should be up to date.

3 Likes

Does anyone know the lid screw size?

M4, 14mm total, 11mm thread

3 Likes