RKP or TKP? What do you prefer?

The faster you go the better the carve feels.

Carving at 40 is fun!

7 Likes

I think about if it had to do with weight. If your under 150 they seem to handle better. I had a set, didn’t like them too much. SR TKPs carve as good, heXLs carve better, both are more stable, IMHO.

2 Likes

People hate dkp because they are stupid and really only do carving well. The arguments have been the same since the days that silverfish was around. To all you youngsters out there silverfish was a longboarding forum that was a great source of info for building and designing. Not to mention the reviews of new stuff and what components work best for what you want to do.

3 Likes

I’ve done both rpk and Tpk. Depends on your setup and what you want to do with it. Currently on Indy 215’s ( tpk), had them dialed in with @RipTideSports recommending my bushing setup and put some riptide pivot cups in the hangers. They are the most fun I’ve had on a skate. But this thing doesn’t go over like 28mph. So carvy and swoopy tho.
Next build is being built on precision rpks with adjustable baseplates. This will be made for speed. Hopefully as enjoyable…
TLDR; tkp moar funz
Rpk moar stabler

4 Likes

DKPs for life…

3 Likes

TBH I’d love to try/own one of the @MoeStooge boards one day. That coupled with 4x Hummies would be super!

4 Likes

weird I had a dream last night that moe stooge was selling a 66mph board and I bought it and tfhe wheels were all charred when I got it lolol

2 Likes

With SR RKPs, I can honestly just stand there straight up and go up to 25-30+ easy. Turns at low speeds are about normal responsiveness but at higher speeds, it’s pretty difficult and I almost fell down a creek cuz I thought I could make a turn. But at a certain point, stability is just boring. I also hate the limited motor mount options.

With SR TKPs, this is just a joy to ride on. I ride a Onewheel so I love the carviness of the TKPs. It’s ridiculously fun at speeds of 15-25mph because you have a get the best of both worlds; stability and carve. People around me riding their LaCroix and as soon as there’s a turn involved, they’re trying to catch up to me. I hate how I’m limited to motor size. I believe 6365s are the biggest I can go.

With Psychotillers TKPs, easily the best TKPs on the market in my amateur opinion. I have only 20 miles on these but it almost feels like I have so much “play” on the trucks but it’s 100% stable within that range of motion. Very responsive but still haven’t felt that “oh shit” moment yet. I’m concerned with the possible stress fracturing because they bore out holes on the hangar at the weakest point, but I’m not the heaviest dude. But damn, I love these trucks.

Sold my RKPs and TKPs are pending. BYE FELICIA

6 Likes

great… now I need to buy me a pair of PT`s TKP trucks.

1 Like

I ran 6374 on mine with room.

7 Likes

ya know if could you fit sk8 6374’s 192kv on there? also what size wheels are they, and mounts??
@Skunk

Those are haggy pneumatic 145mm wheels.
Psychotiller 66 tkp mounts.
As far as SK motors I have no idea. No experience with them. @mmaner might know?

1 Like

No they are too long I’m almost certain

1 Like

currently crying :sob::sob:

I am an RKP guy for sure. But I like a full quiver of options.

1 Like

I’ve mostly used RKP most of my skating career but I gave some Indy TKP’s a go on a push board for a few times and liked it a lot.

Now I have a set of 127mil SR TKP’s in the mail and am exited to have some fun. Motor power will come a bit later though.

2 Likes

Yaaas.
What are those going on btw?

Tayto and some 69mm offbrand wide soft wheels.

Not sure what I’ll switch to when I get power. torn between Akashas and 110’s. I’ve been liking the whole small wheel thing lately for urethane.

2 Likes

I’m currently riding sr tkp front with hummies in the back. I am comfortable going fast on them and carving is really nice. I cant wait to try tkp front and back.

1 Like

It’s really fuckin jarring to see pictures of ones workshop pop up. Thanks Kelly. I’m too stoned for this shit.

1 Like