RipTide Sports Pneumatic / Composite tire project

The first adaptation will be to the OG @MoeStooge Raceboard where I need to marry the
Stooge BRP hubs to the Van-K wheels! The choices will be Urethane, Urethane / Rubber Alloy and a Pneumatic

8 Likes

tubeless or tube?

Tube since the hubs are two part and very hard to seal. With the weight of these, the valve stem will not be a destabilizing factor.

7 Likes

Adapted to the @MoeStooge hubs so we can see what we got.

The board looks like a real beast with these mounted. More pictures later.

39 Likes

Hell yeah

4 Likes

So cool!

3 Likes

The glamor shots:

31 Likes

Taking one out of @JaysTCB playbook:

They grew but did not come apart!

31 Likes

Wow that is some crazy high RPM’s, what is that, 60mph?

4 Likes

That is wild. Straight loco man.

4 Likes

After that video of the spin up, I kind of expected an evil laugh. :laughing:

Now, the 64 million dollar question: When can the rest of us mere mortals buy a set of this 'thane for our hub of choice?

6 Likes

I love your Frankenstein SRB :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Damn that’s vicious :sweat_smile:

I noticed the same expansion on my hummie sleeves while on the bench. Never an issue on the road though.

Do you think that being under load would alleviate this?

2 Likes

@MoeStooge what do you think the speed is with the 11 tooth pinion and that OG Losi gear is, pegged throttle, free spin at 80% power setting

4 Likes

First, free spin is much higher than achievable road speed and 6 rods locking to the hub definitely helped.
We are talking a 60a tire here!

20 Likes

60a is crazy soft. I want it. Really nice work Brad :ok_hand:

11 Likes

There is a lot of testing to do before we can even consider this as a product and I doubt it will be hub of choice due to the need to attach the tire to the hub. The rolling resistance is super low with these, I can tell you that!

11 Likes

That’s the least-hideous lunchbox-on-top I think I’ve ever seen.

Oh, we were supposed to be looking at the wheels

4 Likes

How does it compare to 250mm pneummies?

2 Likes

Hold my beer. I have very similar plans. Wish i could add these wheels to those plans too :sweat_smile:

4 Likes