RipTide Sports Pneumatic / Composite tire project

It’s most definitely between 38mm & 40mm radius bolt hole, 5 holes. I only have a hub w/me right now & no shaft to put thru it’s bearings to zero the caliper off of.

I very much believe it is 39mm bolt hole radius tho, from top down visual.

To validate top down visual

Hub OD is 105.5mm-105mm (tire currently on, lol)

Hub edge to hex thru-hole edge vertice is 10mm

Hex thru-hole vertice to vertice is 7.6mm-7.5mm, appears to be 7.5mm, ÷ 2 is where our bolt hole radius lies

(105.5mm/2) - 10mm - (7.5mm/2) = 39mm

Sorry for the wishy washy, don’t have best tool setup right now. Hopefully somebody has a known accurate file to confirm…

2 Likes

The STL measurements seem odd and plays with the decimal point of the measurement but it appears to be a 75.75 mm bolt circle

2 Likes

Ok! So its more like… super gummies!

1 Like

Gummies that do not lose contact with the wheel at higher speeds

12 Likes

Not to mention, exceptionally better urethane :wink:

4 Likes

Wow, Brad. That looks sooo good. Way to reinvent the wheel! :+1:t3: :clap:t3:

3 Likes

This is a small part of a larger picture…

5 Likes

How cryptically vague, you tease. :wink: Would love to know what the bigger picture includes…

3 Likes

More urethane I bet.

4 Likes

metal, rubber, urethane, plus others

3 Likes

85048_ArticleSection_M_ae40f61a-36bc-4e54-8a5d-3fa1daa6749b

As long as this is correct, which it appears to be, it is indeed 75.75mm bolt circle, as best as injections molded parts can be measured. I find it slightly odd that it’s not 78mm. If I had to guess, I’d say 78mm is the upper tolerance bound & there’s some allotted shrink from the molding process.

There is no chance this is correct.

10 Likes

There is a chance it might have some truth to it

The best way is probably to measure the radius to a pin and just multiply by two

It can’t be correct, because you could make the holes any size you want and it would change the measurement, despite the holes being in the same exact places.

6 Likes

True but maybe for the exact size they list it works

Seems weird either way though

This is the though issue I had with it well.

Popped open SOLIDWORKS for the first time in forever, checking against some things

I’m braindead right now but it should have to do with the tolerance of the screw hole against the screw. If it’s a close fit tolerance to the screw, essentially OD of the screw threads, then it should be equivalent. If the hole is much larger than the screw shaft/threads, then obviously it’s incorrect.

1 Like

So what if you use M12 bolts instead of M4 bolts? This doesn’t make any sense.

Conversely, this is MBS measurements. I ordered some Evolve wheels to find out.

MBS RS HUB DIMS - A4.pdf (64.1 KB)

2 Likes

It’s an estimate based on lug dimensions of cars so more or less a standard of its own.

@RipTideSports that is one sexy wheel. Really exciting to see you continuing to push the limits.

3 Likes

I made a correct version:

4903cfac7dba9d08be521ad749ef785db91cdd87

1 Like