RipTide Sports Pneumatic / Composite tire project

OK, so I received the Evolve AT wheels and this is what I came up with. The 5 bolts are on a 76.76 mm circle

3 Likes

Sounds likely to be 76.2mm (3.00 inches) maybe?

Hard to second guess parts designed in Australia and made in China. Seem to be good strong wheels though.

3 Likes

I was going to make a small writeup but got really pissed about the whole thing…

It’s 100% 3", slight bit of leeway with tolerances. I think 3" + rather than 3" -

I was so confused as to why they felt the need to use such weirdass metric dimensions, but not once did I change my calipers to imperial because I knew the hub went together with M4 (not 5/16th) bolts, and surely they wouldn’t mix/match dimensions like that… but then I realized they’re hubs for 6"/7"/8" tires… and yeah, they mixed and matched and it’s 3" bolt circle.

Your picture of the trig equation is also spot on. FWIW, that’s what I was after when searching for a quick picture solution, but Google is shit anymore for search terms.

As @Venom121212 stated above, the pic I found is entirely based on estimations around the strange fuckery of measurements that deal with US car rims.

5 Likes

I made that because I could not find any relevant formula. And I was even using duckgo :rofl:

Feel free to remake it with the “D” term explained in the image LOL

More refined measurements here so 3" bolt circle will work with the hole clearances.

Nice detail on the Evolve hubs are the valve stem counterweights:

16 Likes

76.76 mm is also a common stock piston diameter…off topic, sorry

4 Likes

I am guessing you want to make the evolve pulleys fit your wheel hub thing so they can be put on those boards?

For a bit I thought you might be somehow using that same outer mold but the resulting wheel fitting on the evolve hubs but I don’t think that is your plan.

The Evolve pulleys are press-fit so that would be more a matter of making sure the shape of the hub is right - rather than the bolt pattern.

If it’s to try and make these new-fangled urethane tyres fit the Evolve hubs in the same fashion as above, that would mean widening the hub. I’m curious how that would affect the torsional rigidity of the hub.

…but I think I see where this is going and it’s very exciting!

2 Likes

The first adaptation will be to the OG @MoeStooge Raceboard where I need to marry the
Stooge BRP hubs to the Van-K wheels! The choices will be Urethane, Urethane / Rubber Alloy and a Pneumatic

8 Likes

tubeless or tube?

Tube since the hubs are two part and very hard to seal. With the weight of these, the valve stem will not be a destabilizing factor.

7 Likes

Adapted to the @MoeStooge hubs so we can see what we got.

The board looks like a real beast with these mounted. More pictures later.

39 Likes

Hell yeah

4 Likes

So cool!

3 Likes

The glamor shots:

31 Likes

Taking one out of @JaysTCB playbook:

They grew but did not come apart!

31 Likes

Wow that is some crazy high RPM’s, what is that, 60mph?

4 Likes

That is wild. Straight loco man.

4 Likes

After that video of the spin up, I kind of expected an evil laugh. :laughing:

Now, the 64 million dollar question: When can the rest of us mere mortals buy a set of this 'thane for our hub of choice?

6 Likes