RipTide Sports Brackets designed to adapt Channel trucks (MBS, Trampa, Lacroix Hyper, Kaly) to various longboards

I agree that the traditional channel risers make the thing way too tall for practicality. If your design gets around that, perhaps similar to G-bomb style I expect you’d sell a lot of them here.

4 Likes

Well the part that drops through would still be shaped like a traditional skateboard baseplate.

Simply getting the deck lower…

4 Likes

To say what I said above a different way, the trucks can mount in various positions to make them higher or lower.

2 Likes

Very curious about these.
I’ve got a deck from @MarkOneBoards coming that would be interesting on matrix ll trucks.

2 Likes

This sounds interesting. Would love to see how you end up doing this. Always liked the idea of channel trucks but hated how their decks flare up on the ends. I kind of have an idea of what you might be trying to do but I might be completely off, but I’m in to experiment some.

3 Likes

I have a drop down deck that would probably work but I don’t have channel trucks. I think drop down would be the way to go to combat the added height created from the bracket

The way I have designed the bracket…it does not add height

15 Likes

Quick update on the bracket design, I went to 3dHubs for a quote and they are crazy expensive so working on a redesign to take some of the cost out of them

2 Likes

You may want to reach out to some people on here and ask them. I know a could of people on here are really good at fusion 360 and have 3d printers.

Think he would want them machined.

2 Likes

3D printing would at least give a model to reference and or scan. @RipTideSports I would PM @akhlut he may be able to help even though he is on the opposite side of the states.

1 Like

When I quoted some parts on 3D hubs and on Alibaba, 3D hubs were a lot more expensive

4 Likes

Good.

Too tall board was too tall.

16 Likes

A lot of 3dHubs production capacity is here in the USA, I think all Alibaba is China.

2 Likes

I think 3dhubs outsource their machining to China. But it used to be like that

Could be wrong

1 Like

You have an option to limit where the parts are made on 3DHubs. eMachine is good also

3 Likes

Can you help me to mount MBS Matrix 2 trucks to Subsonic’s Century 36 deck (@Venom121212 brought me here)?

I imagine this solution won’t be ready for a while… in the meantime, I suggest forking over the cash for a pair of these, but she’s gonna ride real high.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for this suggestion - also to @Venom121212!

1 Like

If things go as planned, I could have samples in a couple of weeks. Going for a 35 / 35 symmetrical and a 35 / 20 split

18 Likes