RipTide Sports Brackets designed to adapt Channel trucks (MBS, Trampa, Lacroix Hyper, Kaly) to various longboards

Would anyone be interested in brackets to adapt Channel trucks to common longboards that do not have kicked or ramped ends? We would make several different angles so you can build the board to handle however you want. The brackets I have in mind will have various mounting positions so you can mount your trucks in the best position to suit the wheel diameter you are planning.

31 Likes

I think 3DServisas had them CNCed from aluminum but they are pricey, whatcha thinking off making them from?

5 Likes

Yes we would.

4 Likes

I will take a look at what they did before I pursue further

2 Likes

A lot of people would be interested. Currently most people are using either OKP / 3DServisas style risers or baseplates with adjustable angles.

The down side is that the increase the height of the deck. If you have something that doesn’t increase the deck height it would sell well.

3DServisas

OKP

8 Likes

Great very different than what you have shown. Thank you for posting

8 Likes

no worries, happy to help.

2 Likes

Ok, I am going to ask the question.
Why?
What are the benefits from using channel trucks on a longboard deck?

5 Likes

OK, I will refine the design a bit and if I could get a couple of builders truly interested in using these we will put together a small confidential design review group to see if we can make this happen. Please let me know who you are here. I am concerned that if I expose the design here in a public form it will be too easy to knock off.

13 Likes

Longer wheel base than most decks designed for channel trucks. I ride very fast boards and like a wide stance. I find it difficult to deal with the acceleration and hard braking with a short standing area, adjustable height mounting for various wheel diameters. More deck options and the list goes on including various front and rear angle options from 45 to 15 degrees as an example

14 Likes

Yes please, definitely interested!

1 Like

If you want to design a deck around these brackets, it will greatly simplify the deck design!

1 Like

Yet channel trucks are less stable at high speeds than rkp trucks.
Also a longboard deck with channels is bound to ride a lot higher than a deck designed for them.
My Evo with only a 7mm riser and 6" wheels (which is a drop down deck) is as tall as my Trampa with 8" wheels and my Tayto with 85mm wheels.

3 Likes

I cannot see any reason why Channel trucks would be less stable than RKP trucks if set up properly. PVD trucks are amazingly stable and agile and are Channel trucks

6 Likes

I think it would be cool on a deck with an aggressive drop.
Maybe even a double drop deck and capable of mounting drop through?

4 Likes

I’ll just leave this here

4 Likes

Channel truck base plates are usually a bit large and I cannot see any advantage in dropping them through…

The design I have in mind may inspire new deck designs to make use of the brackets features

2 Likes

I’m interested to see what you’ve got in mind, especially if it’s fairly different from the products we’ve seen so far.

2 Likes

count me in I’d be stoked to play around with this

2 Likes