RipTide Sports Brackets designed to adapt Channel trucks (MBS, Trampa, Lacroix Hyper, Kaly) to various longboards

Yes please, definitely interested!

1 Like

If you want to design a deck around these brackets, it will greatly simplify the deck design!

1 Like

Yet channel trucks are less stable at high speeds than rkp trucks.
Also a longboard deck with channels is bound to ride a lot higher than a deck designed for them.
My Evo with only a 7mm riser and 6" wheels (which is a drop down deck) is as tall as my Trampa with 8" wheels and my Tayto with 85mm wheels.

3 Likes

I cannot see any reason why Channel trucks would be less stable than RKP trucks if set up properly. PVD trucks are amazingly stable and agile and are Channel trucks

6 Likes

I think it would be cool on a deck with an aggressive drop.
Maybe even a double drop deck and capable of mounting drop through?

4 Likes

I’ll just leave this here

4 Likes

Channel truck base plates are usually a bit large and I cannot see any advantage in dropping them through…

The design I have in mind may inspire new deck designs to make use of the brackets features

2 Likes

I’m interested to see what you’ve got in mind, especially if it’s fairly different from the products we’ve seen so far.

2 Likes

count me in I’d be stoked to play around with this

2 Likes

I agree that the traditional channel risers make the thing way too tall for practicality. If your design gets around that, perhaps similar to G-bomb style I expect you’d sell a lot of them here.

4 Likes

Well the part that drops through would still be shaped like a traditional skateboard baseplate.

Simply getting the deck lower…

4 Likes

To say what I said above a different way, the trucks can mount in various positions to make them higher or lower.

2 Likes

Very curious about these.
I’ve got a deck from @MarkOneBoards coming that would be interesting on matrix ll trucks.

2 Likes

This sounds interesting. Would love to see how you end up doing this. Always liked the idea of channel trucks but hated how their decks flare up on the ends. I kind of have an idea of what you might be trying to do but I might be completely off, but I’m in to experiment some.

3 Likes

I have a drop down deck that would probably work but I don’t have channel trucks. I think drop down would be the way to go to combat the added height created from the bracket

The way I have designed the bracket…it does not add height

15 Likes

Quick update on the bracket design, I went to 3dHubs for a quote and they are crazy expensive so working on a redesign to take some of the cost out of them

2 Likes

You may want to reach out to some people on here and ask them. I know a could of people on here are really good at fusion 360 and have 3d printers.

Think he would want them machined.

2 Likes