Rideneo - Vendor ID Discussion

That’s because we want a Focbox replacement and he offered that.

1 Like

Come on guys one thing is suspecting him because of IP address and everything but suspecting him cause he doesn’t ride…

I think (and I believe many others do to) that I prefer to build (in some ways ) then skate

I take enjoyment yanking my boards apart and putting them back together generally braking them in the process

He enjoys building and helping other people that is not so far fetched
He might not enjoy the ride aspect

3 Likes

If I were Jeff, on principle, I wouldn’t reveal my ID. Why should I? Because there are people who think I am someone else? I don’t owe it to them to reveal who I really am, especially if this is my side hobby. There could also be other reasons for why I’m unable to reveal fully who I am with ID. For example there are certain government positions that dictates a level of secrecy and NTK policies

Yes it’s easy to solves the conflict on hand but it doesn’t detract me (in Jeff’s position) from my business really. I could easily grab an employee to masquerade as me and no one else would be the wiser. As someone with dual names, you wouldn’t be able to easily match me and my id.

Now I will say that Jeff’s reaction may be overreaching but the dude has already gone and apologized for that. Hopefully it’ll never happen again. As they say, third time’s a charm. :stuck_out_tongue: Also hopefully, he’ll verify his ID soon, not that he has to but just so all the doubts can stop. And also for good business ethics/morals (opening this can of worms).

I do get the feeling that people are really grasping for straws as to prove Jeff is dishonest. Just because you don’t ride doesn’t mean you don’t want to help out the community in someway. Jeff’s expertise is in electronics and manufacturing. So long as he’s able to reproduce reliable what is already published (FOCBOX) what’s the harm?

Still, as of now and for the record, I’m not picking a side. There’s validity on both ends but not yet a good resolution to appease either side. I’m just opposed to being forced to share my ID online to prove who I am with the current evidence presented on table. :slight_smile:

@Halbj613, I bet that movie would hold up well over time and become a classic :smiley:

15 Likes

Dead on! Especially when he’s been so open, communicative and responsive at every step to his customers.
" Give them a finger, and they’ll take the whole hand "

10 Likes

I’ve looked for a LinkedIn profile but came up with zip, not that I had anything to go off other than his English name

2 Likes

Yeah I wouldn’t expect the chinese government to let people publish their chinese job information anywhere, especially not on social media like linkedIn

I mean I don’t live there but it doesn’t seem like something they’d allow

3 Likes

This is such a great thread, the drama was well needed and Jeffemy will probably come out unscathed. I doubt he’s going anywhere as he’s invested too much time in building this persona.

All fun and games until batch #4 never arrives.

18 Likes

BTW… has @jeffwuneo updated the production run status in a while… well it’s the end of the month, so I would think an update and some updated pix of neobox revisions would be in order…

faaaaaaak i hope i don’t get sent to jail for an off-topic question…

7 Likes

They clearly do allow it look at the hundreds of Chinese profiles

1 Like

Maybe I didn’t look closely enough then :man_shrugging:

This entire thread is just speculation about a shred of evidence anyway so, whatever haha.

I like Jeff as a person and I just hope he comes out unscathed as brenty says and that we get our focbox replacement

1 Like

No dog in this race and I’m honestly not super tech savvy but… is it possible the IP address was the same because they used the same VPN server? I know China’s Great Firewall makes it almost impossible for people to connect to any server outside of China’s control and VPN servers are a necessity for anyone trying to get through that.

When connecting to the VPN, you will be assigned a unique private IP address, no other device on this VPN will have that IP address. However, you may be sharing the same Public IP with multiple VPN users, just like you.

https://www.quora.com/If-youre-on-a-VPN-do-you-have-the-same-IP-as-everyone-else-on-that-VPN-and-are-you-liable-for-their-actions-online-if-you-have-the-same-IP

Just food for thought.

2 Likes

:face_with_monocle:

6 Likes

Here we go, to help you out with this. The odds:

1 in 207012 (Industries operating in China)
1 in 350000000 (Telecoms IP addresses in use)
1 in 356 (Days in the year they could have registered)
1 in 1754119 (Average amount of discourse forums operating at any one time)

And the thing you can’t really tabulate is the fact that captainjez account stopped existing as soon as Jeffwu was created. Absolutely zero overlap.

Draw your own conclusions :slight_smile:

9 Likes

The IP address in common was assigned to an ISP, it could not have been used on a commercial VPN.

4 Likes

Eh this argument was already proven to be kind of unfounded - the decks aren’t really that similar.

6 Likes

Gotcha.

What about them both are wearing small dark wristband watches on the right hand?

:joy:

20 Likes

I knew it was improbable, but it’s not impossible that two users could be using the same VPN server that has the same public IP. That being said, @mmaner says that it was registered directly to an ISP, so that debunks that theory.

2 Likes

I know you are /s but wow… :joy: :joy:

5 Likes

I just want my neoboxes

14 Likes