rideNEO flexible battery pcb

is have pcb with cell hold and pure nickle with xt60 connect.

I can get 10 pcbs made just like that and here in 3 days for that cost of 75$. couple slivers of nickel and plastic. these are all easily gotten parts. you should make it cheap @jeffwuneo its not like you had to do almost anything and I bet your parts cost as I quote

Your lack of business acumen is concerning buddy.

10 Likes

my business acumen tells me someone else will sell these for 40$ and still be making a decent profit

1 Like

We custom make cell hold and nickle. Is not all simple like say.

2 Likes

we donā€™t need custom nickel. I donā€™t think you even need cell holders. a couple plastic cell holders donā€™t cost much.

Iā€™m going to do another design similar to this with the slots and sell it on the indigogo with the board im selling, including nickel, for like 20$. no more than 35$.

2 Likes

@hummieee is there any particular reason youā€™ve been shitting in other vendors threads recently?

Shouldnā€™t you just focus on your own shit? It comes across as pretty off-putting.

20 Likes

weā€™ve got the other guy selling these even though he knows not whats in them and sounds like they couldā€™ve blown someone up, and his were on sale for 70$ and donā€™t think they ever actually saw use. here we have what seems a feasible design at least but the price is ridiculous knowing the cost of getting pcbs made and nickel strip.
im a diy person. I do this, I get these made for fun and myself and otherpeople to benefit. IM not trying to be a vendor. fuck vendors this is diy

6 Likes

@hummieee, I understand where you are coming from. I always looks for value for money products too. You can let the facts known and let the people decide. You canā€™t force manufacturers to price something as you like, unless you are buying in bulk and then that becomes a negotiation.

Since you have already designed a similar product, start using it, send it to others to test, think about if it can be made better and then how to make it better. Thatā€™s more productive than being angry at someone selling something. BTW, custom tooling has to be made for those tabs and tooling costs money.

Personal opinion about the product

As for my opinion on the product. Itā€™s a cleaner way to make flexible welded battery pack. I have only used NESE with boxes that I 3D printed myself. This would be a bit more expensive than NESE if I 3D print my own parts, but cheaper than buying NESE directly. I like NESE because I donā€™t have to deal with the risks involved if I donā€™t get the weld perfect.

6 Likes

The force comes when a better product is available for a better price. Sounds like Hummie is planning that. :ok_hand:

1 Like

im not angry. disappointed as its a great design and would like to see it out there. but instead heā€™s asking a lot of money. he of course can do whatever he wants. i just was hoping heā€™d go cheap and get it going. i think the pcb is the best way to do the battery as it can be really cheap and safe and easy to make especially if people could buy cells with tabs attached already, which is legal to ship. i like the design and will make a similar one and sell it cheap if he doesnā€™t.

5 Likes

That mentality is exactly why eskate isnā€™t more prevalent. Not everyone has the ability to get unicorn pcb pricing or is capable of fathoming the design of one let alone create one.

It is the most difficult thing to ask someone else to do something for you without an incentive. Not everyone has esk8 cred and hence not everyone will get a response when such requests are even made. In that regard Iā€™d much rather shell out a premium of whatā€¦ 20-30 bucks than having to wait ā€¦

Lots can be said about what can be done.

8 Likes

We need more people like Hummie

Much respect

5 Likes

I donā€™t know what mentality your talking about but everyone has access to unicorn pcb pricing and the designing is just about as easy as drawing on a piece of paper with these designs which are essentially just conductors. Or if you donā€™t want to learn the design program you pay someone on craiglist some bucks based on your drawing and bang, done. and delivered in 3 days for a fraction the cost.
but its all talk and iā€™ll have to come back with something as you say.

but im just gunna piss people off i think. at this point. i mean the best and jeff i dig your design

1 Like

we design this for safe and easy use. if not have good cell distance then become hot is needed holder. if nickle cut sharp could be danger and make pack fire.

it cost money to make. we spend money test lot and we also need help customer if problem.

7 Likes

The mentality that ā€œ I can get it made cheaperā€. You just said exactly what I would not want to do. Hire some dude if craigslist and trust that he will design something that works? Im a bean counter by trade I didnā€™t study electrical engineering. Donā€™t get me wrong Iā€™d love to be able to do half the cool esk8 stuff u do. But the fact of the matter is Im not the brightest and Iā€™m confused as shit reading the technical discussion on the forum. Having said that Iā€™d pay the premium.

Time is money.

2 Likes

I appreciate your community spirit, but itā€™s not fair to expect everyone to share your philosophy, however noble. If we expect people to make the bare minimum for their designs and efforts, we might end up in a world where there are no TB 110 wheels.

Donā€™t make me live in a world without my 110s.

7 Likes

Sorry but I aggree with @hummieee pcb like this would cost like 70$ for 10 pcs, nickel and XT60 does not cost that muchā€¦

3 Likes

To all that claim they can make it cheaper and better why not just do so?

16 Likes

is not only just cost of material. must able support custom if problem. is many more complicate.

2 Likes