Revisions on my build

And if it is cheaper it is likely to be slower and worse.

1 Like

Dont know where you are located but there is a guy selling his mtb in hungary for half the price of your budget.

If you dont want to learn how to solder you might aswell quit on every electronics project ever. Or you have to crimp and bolt everything :rofl:

1 Like

Mountainboards are primarily used as a fun outdoor activity. To have fun, you want the board to not break constantly, and have the power needed to actually hit outdoor trails.

The Apex predator ticks those boxes, and the value you get for that price destroys everything else. Iā€™ve built my own Mountainboard, and even I wish I just bought a complete from Apex instead.

If you canā€™t afford it, I suggest putting your effort into earning more. :laughing:

2 Likes

If You would like to save money, buy something from second hand. First DIY build is Mostly try/mistake. Lot of small things I bought and finaly not used . And if You would like to build board and save a money, You definitly need to know more than soldering. I saved some money in my build but because I build batterie by my self from reclaimed batteries for 30% price for cells. Next I designed my Vesc case and motormouth and sell some copies of it which gave me some money back. Wish You a success.

3 Likes

Donā€™t let the soldering aspect discourage you. Itā€™s a vital skill to have for esk8, and as others said, not too difficult to get your head around. Definitely look at that guide! But yeah, DIY isnā€™t going to be cheaper. You can save money by learning to build batteries(not at first but eventually). But for most, itā€™s not worth the headache and potentially building something unsafe the first time around. The beauty of DIY is building your board exactly how you want, the ability to make improvements, and learn more

2 Likes

Learning to build batteries (and solder very well, by extension) is only cheaper after you mess up two and then build five moreā€¦ then you start getting to the ā€œcheaperā€ phase.

2 Likes

@esk8_01 check this out. This gets you in the game without soldering and with a badass machine.

1 Like

Thanks for the mention @b264

@esk8_01 Feel free to message me, so we can work something out. Using high quality parts is in the long run usually better for your money. And swapping a deck isnā€™t that big of a deal.