Revisions on my build

Hey Guys,

After your great feedback, I have made some changes to my budget mountain board.

I will now be using 2 6s2p batteries in series to get the 12s power

I also changed out the esc for the DV4

For my motors, motor mounts, trucks, and wheels I’m going for the flipsky mountain board kit, I know its not the best but I have to save somewhere and I will most likely switch to an MBS matrix and mbs wheels once I complete the build.

V4X remote

the system will be based in an MBS core 94 and everything with is stored in a 1150 Protector Case

I’m planning to store the esc in the case with the battery, is there anything I need so the ESC can reach the motors?

The total comes out to around 1080$

Is there anything else I need for this board to work?

1 Like

soldering skills, some 12awg wire and 4mm bullets

1 Like

Shittt I don’t wanna learn how to solder, What would be a good esc case, then could I just run connectable wire

there’s almost no way of building a board without learning how to solder. It’s super difficult and is limiting. You should learn, its really not that difficult.

8 Likes

Bruh… did u really think you’d be able to build an electric vehical without being able to make a solder joint? It’s not that hard to learn. Don’t be scurred.

Also, I have that FS at drivetrain that I’ll sell you super cheap w motors incl. DM me. No reasonable offer will be rejected.

with a fat tip

FTFY.

I can totally learn how to solder I just don’t want to buy everything needed, just trying to save some cash

I’m going to second Evan on this.

Sure it might be possible, but buying a board (even if it’s a DIY board) I would recommend if you don’t want to learn to solder.

Check out Skyart and Defiant Board Society, among countless others… or the boards listed here in the parts market.

3 Likes

If you’re trying to save cash, DIY is not for you.

DIY isn’t cheaper.

6 Likes

buying a used DIY could be, sometimes

4 Likes

hm why, what am I missing

I’m using pretty cheap parts

Just want to let you guys know

I’m building this board for a challenge, I want to make a cheap plug-and-play mountain board.

That is why some of my parts are cheaper and I want to go for the easiest way to build the board

1 Like

Does the challenge require a mountain board or building one?

2 Likes

its a bit of both, I want to prove you can go another route then trampas or shitty Chinese boards

there are other routes.

2 Likes

Ye but nearly 3k for the complete setup, I want to be able to hit the tracks without getting a second mortgage

You could always try to ask someone like @Skyart to do the drivetrain and esc portion for you. Or you’ll have to order from someone soldered adapters. Or you’ll have to send parts to someone who will solder stuff for you.

If you want to do DIY because you think it’s cheaper, you will be very disappointed.

4 Likes

Where are you located dude?

I have a bunch of used Emtb parts that you could consider for the build.

2 Likes