Review/First Impression: LaCroix vs E-TOXX vs TITAN

Thanks taz, we really need to test more and gain more experience with the prototypes. So far metrics/hard facts just say, that we have bigger motors and arguably more powerful ESCs but however they are set to 50% more power than the Lacroix. Also the Nazare has a smaller battery with less range then our proto. The Lonestar has a bigger one though. But we will also have a bigger oneā€¦
Fact is the VX1 remote is crap compared to the MT or the VX2 Pro which one of those we will probably use for the series. and the lack of Metr Pro is a downside. There is nothing subjective on these claims. Riding wise there are a lot of people which prefer the Matrix trucks over the Hypertrucks. Thatā€™s not just me, which is also a fact. But ok this is a matter of preference. You cant say either one is better than the other. And why would you think the Titan will loose in durability?

I know Iā€™ve chosen a catchy title for the thread and itā€™s not a fair comparison or your typical unbiased review. But also I never claimed it though. So letā€™s clam down and I am sure in the next weeks and month you will see some more objective review of our boards.

Cheers everybody

1 Like

Duuuude, you are not making it easy.
I would take you own advice, calm down and let your product do the talking.

10 Likes

I will. Just want to clarify that, there are some facts in this thread which are not subjective. :slight_smile:

1 Like

For once i agree with you, its been made very clear, and proven time and time again in this thread, that someone is a itsy bitsy widdle bit insecure about their titan witan
Size isnt everything buddy, ask resident big boi @DerelictRobot

Anyways, thanks for taking the time to write out your first impressions!

4 Likes

I feel like this is going to be greatly skewed if you really start asking people here.

So an aftermarket device that anyone can purchase and put on their boardā€¦thats one of your conā€™s for this board?

So far I see nothing that sets your ā€œtitanā€ apart from anything. Its a crap comparison and its based on marketing stats. BIGGER MOTORS!!! Doesnā€™t mean its going to last.

If you truly rode someones board who has spent the same amount of time tuning it and getting it set up as you have done on your board, youā€™d see the difference. Riding something out of the box for 10 minutes is no way to determine an opinion.

3 Likes

He wants to win, let him.

Also, i took the name Titan first :crazy_face:

9 Likes

i canā€™t read, iā€™m illegitimate.

but seriously almost all of my experience with channel trucks are on the giant 10" wheel land surfers from China we still have parts laying around for. I rode a Kaly once, had zero issues whipping it around like mad through a ditch and tall grass. I also rode a Trampa, it was fun and had no probs there. Had a Lacroix on a dirt track in Colorado and it was a pleasure.

But those monsters in our garage? you grab a rail and throw dirt or you donā€™t turn within a reasonable radius.

7 Likes

Pull a JayJay and send a C&D on over.

5 Likes

Why is everyone trying to make their diy sound better than a lacroix :joy: why canā€™t it just be a good diy board and leave it at that.

12 Likes

ā€˜People are afraid of what they donā€™t understandā€™ , some quirky movie quote

3 Likes

Letā€™s not throw everyone into that mix.

But to answer your question:

8 Likes

Pair of boring pricks they are.

Why is this being taken seriously?

2 Likes

No, thatā€™s not right. We use self lubricating flange bushings but it takes ā€œsomeā€ time for them to kick in and self lubricate if you will. So Iā€™ve copy pasted this pic all over the place, telling people to squirt whatever lubricant they have handy, here. Takes 3 seconds, work every time.

The board in your video is setup to carve under 10mph - itā€™s actually as loose as my 4 year oldā€™s board. That thing would be a scab machine on anything above 20kmh (12mph). The bushings on the Nazare you tried were for high speed carving of a 190lbs rider. The board becomes alive above 25mph. Itā€™s useless to even attempt comparing the 2 rides. What you want on the Hypertrucks to achieve this super carviness are blue in front and blue in back (60a euro). Thatā€™s not what your tester board had.

Finally, as for the settings, again, the board is setup for speed. Slap on a lower gear on the motor pulley and it would have been very punchy around that micro track. Itā€™s a 12S battery with huge motors. The math is really easy.

Itā€™s sad because there was a real opportunity to do something interesting here - and this just reeks of an opportunity at self promotion.

Etoxxā€™s prototype is a majestic board and by ensuring that all 3 boards were geared and setup similarly (a 5 min thing on each board), this whole thread could have been an interesting tongue in cheek commentary. And it would have lived longer.

Now it seems itā€™s already forgotten.

17 Likes

I can just tell what the owner told me. The Nazare was straight out of the box with very few kms on it.[quote=ā€œArch, post:86, topic:21557ā€]
The board in your video is setup to carve under 10mph - itā€™s actually as loose as my 4 year oldā€™s board. That thing would be a scab machine on anything above 20kmh (12mph)
[/quote]

Interesting to hear. how do you know? I rode 55km with that board with ease. Everything track on Metr Pro. It was just a regular Matrix2 yellow/yellow setup.

I am 200lbs and I had the same feeling that itā€™s more for speed. Couldnā€™t ride very fast in the rain but never claimed something else, so you might be right. But why can we not compare those rides? Even if they have different setups.

You might be also right. I canā€™t prove it though. But I would like to test more and I will.

Yeah, true. The motors in the Titan are bigger though and also 12S.

Iā€™m sorry but I need to disagree. I criticised both boards and also said that both are good and fun boards. Please donā€™t take it personal. I didnā€™t mean to offend you.

It was just a first impression review and never meant to be an in depth comparison under clinical circumstances. Not to mention, that the E-Toxx and Titan are prototypes and the Nazare a finished production board in the second version/iteration.

So letā€™s not overrate everything.

No worries, we have no 2 Laroix 1 Lonestar and 1 Nazare in our community. There will be definitely more reviews.

I personally enjoy to ride as much boards as possible and I love all boards of all brands, because they simply are so much fun. But when I notice something that I like or dislike I say it. I donā€™t care if that are big brand names or our own boards.

So letā€™s try to not be so negative, because we all share the same passion and similar visions of a better world. :call_me_hand:

3 Likes

Just curious, what bushings setup was on @JohnnyMeduseā€™s board in Colorado?

3 Likes

Johnnyā€™s was the Jaws, itā€™s had M2s on itā€¦ I think.

Oh then whatever Nazare was at the dirt track

1 Like

Canā€™t remember. But we usually have one stiff board and one loose board so people of all weights can try them.

2 Likes

I definitely got the stiff. Looking forward to trying a loose setup in Portland!

1 Like

The 6396 is not bigger then Lacroix 6389, its just a extra bearing on 6396

4 Likes