Reverse functionality with FocBox Unity

Correct - threads.

LOl if you read through the… uh flame war or whatever the heck happened in the thread I linked, you might begin to think that people believe it doesn’t work cough cough not going to mention names :rofl:

1 Like

In FW 3.58 you can set a min ERPM limit so you can limit your reverse speed to e.g snake speed so you can’t fly :+1:

6 Likes

@ShutterShock , do I have to use Ackmaniac firmware for that ?

It appeared that way in the article yeah. I am going to try it out to for funsies when I get some time. I use VescTool right now but I will have to go find the updated version of the Ackmaniac one when I get a chance

I did use Ack previously but I lost the updated link somewhere so I just got VescTool haha

Hmm,
It appears to be though that the stock firmware is enertion one, it is not vedder’s VescTool nor Ackmaniac one. So even to use VescTool, the open source version ,I need to update the stock firmware and got no clue if this is ok or not.

Oh right the firmware. So if you have the right version of Ack’s software (BLDC tool I believe) and just go the firmware tab and select the correct hardware version it will just put the right one on as far as I know.

Maybe someone can correct me but that is my understanding of it.

Well, I think it will be risky to update the Focbox firmware to a non enertion’s one. Not sure about the consequences.

They are all the same the Focbox’s are not special, just 4.12 hardware (upgraded slightly with a heatsink)

They don’t cover anything anyway so what difference does it make? It will not hurt anything, it is the same chips essentially, so long as you have the right hardware selected

That whole thread was a flame war about how dumb it was to not have the functionality in Vesc Tool

So you’re saying there is no problem to go and update the firmware to Ackmaniac one ?

1 Like

Not that I know of, I was planning to do it soon

Just make sure the right hardware version is selected

Cool!, Which for dual is 4.12 ?

To all you guys.
He has a Focbox Unity so he can’t use the vesc tool or ackmaniac app.

1 Like

@taz Is that the case ? If so, that’s kind of funny all are answering while ignoring this specific “minor detail” :frowning:

Yes it is.

So, as far as you know, I cannot achieve this whole cool functionality of the reverse thingy control ERPM with Unity ?

The unity has a reverse function as far as I know but I never played with it.

1 Like

My bad I didn’t see that he had a unity, that changes everything lol

2 Likes

That being said :slight_smile: , so any known good working reverse for Unity that you are aware of ?

From looking at the unity tool, there doesn’t seem to be a good solution so far as I don’t see a way to limit reverse speed.
You will have to wait for enertion to bring this functionality in a future update.

1 Like