Revel at the "brand" new competitor in the direct drive Esk8 race!

my portable powerbank sometimes doesn’t charge stuff that draws a very small amount of power. Could be the same reason. I have a second smaller powerbank that charges stuff just fine.

@SpeedyFrenchy

What lubricant were you using? It looks a bit thin. Did you follow up with a thicker lubricant?

What do you think about brake cleaning fluid for celaning and then speed cream for the lubrication ater every thing dries?

So I just made an interesting observation. Bryce came to Ottawa and we went for a 2 hour ride. I was riding the 4WD L3-x with the Revel Kit Remote. Bryce was on a 2WD Revel Kit.

I finished the ride wiht zero remote bars remaining. He finished wiht three remote bars remaining.

I wonder if the remotes give you half the range or 4WD.

Has anyone else notice, A big difference in Remote range with 2WD vs 4wD?

1 Like

So theres the bluetooth function in the remotes for connecting to an App in the future.Do you guys think turning off bluetooth will help lengthen the remote battery life? I will try it out and report back in a few days. I have classes all day monday thru thursday.

Hm I don’t know that it’s actively being used currently but maybe that could help

1 Like

Hello! I’ve read every single post in this thread! Thank you all for the great information! My friend and I bought Revel Kits together, but his has developed an issue. Revel support is taking DAYS for a single reply to him, so I thought I’d ask your opinions. Here’s a video of the issue. It does not make this noise when the board is upside down just running the motors. Only on acceleration and deceleration. Hopefully this link works.

Nevermind. I guess I can’t post links.

Is there any way to keep the screws that mount the adapters to the motors from loosening, without losing the ability to quick swap wheels? Just about every second ride I have to pull off my wheels and tighten them down or my wheels develop some play/slop spinning on the axle.

I really like this kit on a “downhill” style deck with mild concave, coming from a boosted mini. Just took a ride on the rail trail and got a little over 14 miles before i hit the 10% warning, weighing about 145 with no real hills averaging 15 mph. I was pleasantly surprised with that range. Decided to leave my car in town and rode all the way home on my second battery so i can ride back tonight haha.

1 Like

Any updates on this?

1 Like

I noticed they put some small bits of rubber material in my kit between the scews and stock wheels. Keeps them from coming too loose. You can also try threadlock.

3 Likes

I tried looking for an FAQ that tells me what I need to do to be a “full” member, but can’t find anything. I don’t know anything so I don’t have much to add to the rest of the board. I only want to post in this thread. I get why the rules are there, but I’m frustrated. I can;t even reply to this post without having to jump through hoops. Then it tells me to edit one of my past replies, which I don’t have the option of doing. Ugh. If anyone can piece this link together and look at the video, I would appreciate it.

https:// youtu.be/9Pe42ZY6noc

Is it possible to buy just the drive @revel_flo ?

Fixed link for the curious: https://youtu.be/9Pe42ZY6noc

Does the Revel kit have a cruise control feature? Because that’s what that looks like to me.

1 Like

Yes it does

1 Like

Thanks. Yes it does. But the video is to demonstrate the sound that’s happening. Did you hear it?

OH. I listened to it over speakers and I couldn’t hear anything out of the ordinary. Threw my headphones on and hear the light clicking now. Hmm. And I take it you’ve already checked the wheel bearings?

EDIT: And it’s only clicking when accelerating… Super weird.

1 Like

He’s been working with Revel customer care, but hasn’t received a reply since last week. I’m having him check the fasteners on his adapters tonight and I asked him about the bearings. He’s a life-long skateboarder so I would think that was the first thing he checked. Thanks.

1 Like

You are meant to use the rubber bits that are included with the kit. They prevent the screws from backing out during riding.

The kits are packaged with a battery inside the box, so likely not. You could just buy another with a standard range battery.

Yep it does

Did you check your wheel bearings to see if they click? Sometimes improper tightening can cause slight clicking.

Do you know the weight of these things? Do they come with sensors? Could I use 4 of the motors for a 4 wheel drive setup?

I think it’s like 8 lbs or something like that

???

Are you talking about buying two kits and using them together? In that case yes, the remote can pair to two kits when you set it up and run 4wd no problem

1 Like

Probably too heavy for my light weight setup :crazy_face: with NeoOne deck, I thought … Do you know of by any chance hub motors (4 of them) that I could use instead?