Revel at the "brand" new competitor in the direct drive Esk8 race!

link to buy? and what are the bms specs for discharge?

No, I’m talking about something that says. Commercial Airline Approved, Travel Safe, kind of wording.

InBoard M1’s battery says 97Wh…Safe for air travel

mhh…look on the onan homepage. i know these are samsung 22p cells in. discharge rate i don’t know, but i use them in 4wd foc configuration and tried the smaller 90wh today(2 of them at the same time) and i was surprised how long the last.
For daily rides i use always 2 159wh at the same time and this leads me almost to the moon and back.

1 Like

yes, they can and do. I bet you they have a great time talking about all the stuff they “confiscated”

2 Likes

yeah i got it. Don’t know if a professional 99wh battery pack must have it. I think mellow doesn’t have it without any problems anyways.

The Chinglish on it will arouse suspicion for-sure.

1 Like

hahaha yeah depends on the airport i guess if i got you right.hahaha

If so what would be the cost? And how do we show interest?

6 Likes

@City-Blade-101 yeah you are allowed 5x 99wh batteries. they’re not that clever as all they wanna see is a sticker that says the wh amount on it and if it looks professional then you’re set. it also helps to contact the airline prior

1 Like

@revel_flo how much does the direct drive weigh? Without the battery?

I don’t have that number. I can tell you the entire Kit (including the battery) weighs 4.9kg so almost 11lbs

2 Likes

Yeah, i was sure you told me about your lipos these days you got all the way from australia to germany without any problems by using them 99wh packs. Thank you Matt, i just needed some feedback right in here. Anyways, I’m glad to see you on sunday my friend, to ride the streets of german like san francisco:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Blade city for the win!
peace

1 Like

I had the Landwheel and had high hopes for it but, there were some issues. What was promising is that Jason was was willing to listen to a control group to make improvements. While it lasted it was great, really love the ESC. I recently saw that Revel/LW are coming to market with a new and improved direct drive with replaceable battery :open_mouth: I put an order in for the dual drive and larger battery.

2 Likes

Looks like he didn’t have time to run the campaign. It had 22 days left and had 14 backers in just a few days.

yea, i just caught that lol

the campaign is canceled !

“The product is still coming to market and we are estimated to have it ready for shipment by late September / early October 2019”

@revel_flo why did you guys cancel the campaign? did you still have until July to meet goals? Taking the beta units to group rides beside SD would potentially help with exposure

3 Likes

Hey guys,

Unfortunately, the Kickstarter campaign did not quite kickstart! :grin: And there are a few reasons why:

1. We (ironically!) focused too much on building a solid product and did not put enough time in making sure the campaign is a success

2. We’re also seeing a fairly negative feeling (understandable!) towards esk8 crowdfunding in Facebook groups and other mediums, mainly due to previous failed projects.

3. We’ve got a lot of ‘too good to be true’ type comments (Ha!) Short term, this meant people who did not know us (Landwheel or Revel) thought it might be a sham. Long term, this is actually great news, as it means we managed to pack enough value to make this product a success once it’s out there!

Overall good learning experience and we definitely wish we had tackled this product launch a little bit different. Lesson learned!

Thank you to all the backers and those of you who were planning to back the project. The Revel Kit will be coming to market and the timeline might actually be shorter than it would’ve been through Kickstarter.

Our website will be ready for pre-order by early next week, and for a limited time, we will be honoring the $499 discounted price from our Kickstarter!

-Flo

21 Likes