Revel at the "brand" new competitor in the direct drive Esk8 race!

Nahhh! For The battery is on chance to fall out, you didn’t locked them right in, thats what happened. Still Working? Are you kidding?
We are talking about the new generation and this thing isn’t that easy to beat. Believe me, I’m abusing this thing like a mad man, riding in the rain and jumping of curbs etc…nothing except the inner alu parts that break, but i got a solution for that with onan parts. 700 bucks for a 4Wd you can mount on any deck you want. try it and i bet you will change your mind.

2 Likes

Flo here with Revel Boards. I can confirm we are using 30Qs for the 216Wh battery upgrade. Please check out the battery upgrade section on the Kickstarter page if you want to see it in writing :grinning:

7 Likes

@Mikenopolis

first pic them broken “rips”
second the new part for exchange
third the steel ring i will add on the exchanged part.
this will survive a rolling tank then.
edit: I will post on a thread i will open when I’m going to do the mod on the exchange parts and will tag you then.
Again: Battery never ever falls of-never! Bad thing 22p cells 159wh but strong as fuck. I live in a hilly area like SF and this thing performs uphill like a champ!

1 Like

Ahh, so it’s an optional upgrade available. Not standard.

5 Likes

We went with the 159Wh for the standard pack, so it’s travel-friendly!

5 Likes

Last thing: @Mikenopolis 700bucks with 2 remotes, 2 chargers, 2 battery packs, 4 exchange wheel sleeves,rock solid remote connection, rock solid hubs imo and super silent powerful foc mode etc. Beat That!
Sorry @revel_flo for highjacking your thread. I will stop here.Thank you. Im looking forward your drive and all best wishes from me.

2 Likes

If you guys manage your kickstarter well I’d be happy to buy when it’s done and they are sitting on a shelf.

I hope it goes well.

9 Likes

Not every airline takes you with them with a 159wh battery pack.
Travel friendly is just 99wh.

2 Likes

Yes, definitely not as easy to travel with a 159Wh pack but it’s possible!

1 Like

yeah but why so complicated… you designed your drive to easy change the battery packs. so go for 90 or 99wh offer and an as big as possible pack for the win. how easy is that?

kickstarters are never easy. Once you finalize on a design, you can’t change it or you put the entire campaign at very high risk.

3 Likes

surly not, but there are so much brands you can stand on them shoulders, and we are talking just about the battery size:thinking:
if you want your drive flight friendly go for 99whand everybody can travel the world with your drive.

The regulation is odd. I think at 160Wh it would be wise to have a label on the battery pack saying it’s airline approved like what InBoard did with their 99Wh.

The TSA/FAA says 100Wh, but an airline can approve up to 160Wh. But at the end of the day, you do need to get it pass the TSA more than you do the airline gate

"Passengers may carry all consumer-sized lithium ion batteries (up to 100 watt hours per battery)"

"With airline approval, devices can contain larger lithium ion batteries (101-160 watt hours per battery)"

3 Likes

Never thought about it that way. Very good advice.

1 Like

@mynamesmatt so go for 99wh and you pass everything or am i wrong?

I really wish these small battery esk8 makers would just add that in bold to their labels. It would be easier to show those TSA agents the label then to have them get all confused and call for back up. Don’t ask me how I know.

@City-Blade-101 TSA has the right to refuse a big battery pack if the agent chooses. In terms of battery, I think WE would make better agents by opening up packs and checking workmanship.

5 Likes

look…i ordered flight friendly batteries which arrived today and they got a sticker on.

IME, the biggest thing that draws attention to your batteries is how they look. Those blue shrink wrap batteries get a lot of unwanted attention.

Metal enclosed batteries that look like power banks seem to just go under the radar. I travelled with a 154wh koowheel battery through europe without any problems.

Not gonna lie, first time I was walking to airport security in Poland with a blue shrink wrapped battery, I was shitting myself. It just looks like a fucking home made job. It was fine but the guy asked me questions. I got rid of that battery right after. Just don’t like drama lol

Koowheel battery didn’t even get a second look through like 5 airports.

on a side note, for a 10s2p < 160wh battery, the cells of choice should be samsung 20s or sony vtc4 or the 20r

For a 10s1p, use the samsung 40t or mlicel 42a.

keeps you under 160wh and good discharge.

2 Likes

What battery is this?

Can’t the TSA refuse anything for any reason? lol

2 Likes

for onan…i got lots of them…159wh and 90h